- The number of confirmed reports of the virus - where samples have been sent by hospitals or GPs to laboratories for tests - is up 52 per cent on last year.
- There have been 1,975 cases since July - compared to 1,301 this time last year.
- However, this is a just a tiny fraction of the real number because the vast majority of victims do not report their symptoms to their GP.
- In addition, there have now been 53 outbreaks at NHS trusts across the country.
- This includes 45 hospitals which have been forced to close off wards and find space for patients elsewhere while they carry out a deep clean of the wards.
More top news
In some cases, victims of violence and other serious crimes face long delays as forces are unable to dispatch officers promptly.
Mr Corbyn will highlight increases of almost 6% in council tax bills across the country.
The government has a stranglehold on the Damascus suburb after taking control of 70% of the area in a month of ferocious fighting.