- Much as expected. A new independent press regulator, overseen by Ofcom, the body that regulates broadcasters.
- Anyone who refuses to join in the new system would be regulated by Ofcom anyway.
- A new arbitration system to allow people easier redress against newspapers.
- Leveson more or less totally clears the police.
- He suggests politicians are much too close to the press generally, but avoids criticising anyone directly.
- Jeremy Hunt is cleared over the BSkyB bid.
Lord Justice Leveson says a genuinely independent and effective system of self-regulation is needed.
First snapshot of Lord Justice Leveson's Inquiry into the Culture, Practices and Ethics of the Press.
Nick Clegg sources say it is inevitable there will be differences between his response to the Leveson report and the Prime Minister's.