A spokesman for the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan confirmed that a suicide attack on a major U.S. base in Jalalabad had killed at least one other person.
Speaking in Kabul, Brigadier General Gunter Katz said that whilst the attack had been serious, the attacked had failed to breach the main part of the base.
Our initial reporting shows that there was attack on Jalalabad airfield this morning.
Again, initially what we found out was that there most likely three suicide attackers using vehicles to attack the base.
The pyramid of the base has not been breached so nobody was actually able to get inside the base.
We got some ISAF troops who were wounded and, according to our reporting, one member of the Afghan national security forces has been killed during the attack.
A provincial government spokesman, Nasir Ahmad Safi, had said that three Afghan soldiers and two civilians had been killed in the attack.
More top news
From March 1, the paper £10 note will cease to be legal tender - replaced completely by the polymer version.
The Prime Minister will admit to concerns that the current system is narrowing access to poorer students.
Turning colder and brighter towards the end of the the week.