- Amazon.co.uk have predicted that Cyber Monday will be its biggest single day, with orders set to peak at 9.20pm.
- Marks & Spencer also said it was prepared for what it expects to be its busiest day of the year.
- Online analyst Experian expects UK consumers to make 115 million visits to retail websites on this year's Cyber Monday, an increase of 36% on last year.
- Asda Direct says it is expecting to see a 50% spike in traffic to its electronic equipment retail section, compared with a normal Monday.
- CD sales are also expected to increase by 70%, while some popular DVD titles are due for a 50% rise, the retailer said.
- John Lewis have reported a record week for its online sales, soaring to £37.9 million, and the third best ever week for John Lewis department stores, topping £124.2 million.
More top news
The RSPCA are trying to find who is responsible for leaving the trap out as they are warning they could be breaking the law.
Fine start to the week for most but turning wet and windy from Wednesday.
Thousands of people have lined the banks of the Mersey to see Cunard's three flagship ocean liners sail down the river.