- Amazon.co.uk have predicted that Cyber Monday will be its biggest single day, with orders set to peak at 9.20pm.
- Marks & Spencer also said it was prepared for what it expects to be its busiest day of the year.
- Online analyst Experian expects UK consumers to make 115 million visits to retail websites on this year's Cyber Monday, an increase of 36% on last year.
- Asda Direct says it is expecting to see a 50% spike in traffic to its electronic equipment retail section, compared with a normal Monday.
- CD sales are also expected to increase by 70%, while some popular DVD titles are due for a 50% rise, the retailer said.
- John Lewis have reported a record week for its online sales, soaring to £37.9 million, and the third best ever week for John Lewis department stores, topping £124.2 million.
More top news
Women may not be taking a common breast cancer drug due to the mistaken belief it causes nausea and vomiting, research suggests.
The two brothers were aged 10 and 11 when they tortured two boys in Edlington, south Yorkshire, in 2009 in a case that shocked Britain.
Anti-Islam politician Geert Wilders hit out at judges, saying he will "never be silenced" despite facing no punishment upon being convicted.