- Amazon.co.uk have predicted that Cyber Monday will be its biggest single day, with orders set to peak at 9.20pm.
- Marks & Spencer also said it was prepared for what it expects to be its busiest day of the year.
- Online analyst Experian expects UK consumers to make 115 million visits to retail websites on this year's Cyber Monday, an increase of 36% on last year.
- Asda Direct says it is expecting to see a 50% spike in traffic to its electronic equipment retail section, compared with a normal Monday.
- CD sales are also expected to increase by 70%, while some popular DVD titles are due for a 50% rise, the retailer said.
- John Lewis have reported a record week for its online sales, soaring to £37.9 million, and the third best ever week for John Lewis department stores, topping £124.2 million.
More top news
A factory worker's faithful friends saved his life by lying with him to keep him warm when he fell into a diabetic coma in the freezing cold
A British military healthcare worker is being monitored at the Royal Free Hospital following a needle-stick injury in Sierra Leone.
A group of friends in Haverhill have left one of their mates with a fractured spine after a prank with a home-made ejector seat went wrong