- The name of the expedition is called 'The Coldest Journey'.
- The expedition will begin on 21 March 2013 at the winter equinox.
- It will take six months in total - crossing Antarctica to reach the Ross Sea and has taken 5 years to plan.
- Fiennes is aiming to travel 2,000 miles across the continent over six months, mostly in complete darkness and in temperatures approaching -90C.
- The SA Agulhas will take on board technical equipment and supplies including two 20-tonne tractors, two cabooses, scientific equipment, fuel sleds, specially heated clothing and Antarctic cold weather gear, and a variety of food supplies.
More top news
Khan said sorry for using the racial slur 'Uncle Toms' during a television interview in 2009.
David Cameron says the UK will hold talks with Save the Children about what more it can do for Syrian refugee children.
Rapper 50 Cent makes public apology to airport worker he accused of being "high" on drugs after finding out the teenage janitor is autistic.