- The name of the expedition is called 'The Coldest Journey'.
- The expedition will begin on 21 March 2013 at the winter equinox.
- It will take six months in total - crossing Antarctica to reach the Ross Sea and has taken 5 years to plan.
- Fiennes is aiming to travel 2,000 miles across the continent over six months, mostly in complete darkness and in temperatures approaching -90C.
- The SA Agulhas will take on board technical equipment and supplies including two 20-tonne tractors, two cabooses, scientific equipment, fuel sleds, specially heated clothing and Antarctic cold weather gear, and a variety of food supplies.
More top news
Another freezing, frosty and icy night ahead but this will be followed by a dry and sunny day for most tomorrow.
Phone hacking was "rife" at the Daily and Sunday Mirror newspapers and the People by mid-1999 at the latest, the High Court has heard.
Free banking may be a myth but it is one we are attached to - Barclays said they would like to charge for current accounts but could not.