- The name of the expedition is called 'The Coldest Journey'.
- The expedition will begin on 21 March 2013 at the winter equinox.
- It will take six months in total - crossing Antarctica to reach the Ross Sea and has taken 5 years to plan.
- Fiennes is aiming to travel 2,000 miles across the continent over six months, mostly in complete darkness and in temperatures approaching -90C.
- The SA Agulhas will take on board technical equipment and supplies including two 20-tonne tractors, two cabooses, scientific equipment, fuel sleds, specially heated clothing and Antarctic cold weather gear, and a variety of food supplies.
More top news
Stevi Ritchie left the show after a shock sing-off with Italian finalist Andrea Faustini.
Cardinal Nichols told ITV News his 'instinct' was that there was something 'disproportionate' about the war this summer.
A colder night with fog and frost, as well as icy spots in places.