- The name of the expedition is called 'The Coldest Journey'.
- The expedition will begin on 21 March 2013 at the winter equinox.
- It will take six months in total - crossing Antarctica to reach the Ross Sea and has taken 5 years to plan.
- Fiennes is aiming to travel 2,000 miles across the continent over six months, mostly in complete darkness and in temperatures approaching -90C.
- The SA Agulhas will take on board technical equipment and supplies including two 20-tonne tractors, two cabooses, scientific equipment, fuel sleds, specially heated clothing and Antarctic cold weather gear, and a variety of food supplies.
More top news
ITV News spoke to six Democrats and Republicans to get their views on the dramatic showdown between the two presidential hopefuls.
Nicolas Sarkozy would give Britain the chance to reverse the Brexit vote if he is elected president of France.
Wet and windy in the north tomorrow, bright and warm in the south.