- The name of the expedition is called 'The Coldest Journey'.
- The expedition will begin on 21 March 2013 at the winter equinox.
- It will take six months in total - crossing Antarctica to reach the Ross Sea and has taken 5 years to plan.
- Fiennes is aiming to travel 2,000 miles across the continent over six months, mostly in complete darkness and in temperatures approaching -90C.
- The SA Agulhas will take on board technical equipment and supplies including two 20-tonne tractors, two cabooses, scientific equipment, fuel sleds, specially heated clothing and Antarctic cold weather gear, and a variety of food supplies.
More top news
GPs have a public duty to tell authorities if a patient is driving against medical advice, new guidance from the GMC says.
The Government may be about to announce a new levy on council tax of up to 2% to replenish social care budgets.
How do you solve a £4.4 billion hole like tax credits? At 12.30pm on Wednesday, we'll find out.