- The name of the expedition is called 'The Coldest Journey'.
- The expedition will begin on 21 March 2013 at the winter equinox.
- It will take six months in total - crossing Antarctica to reach the Ross Sea and has taken 5 years to plan.
- Fiennes is aiming to travel 2,000 miles across the continent over six months, mostly in complete darkness and in temperatures approaching -90C.
- The SA Agulhas will take on board technical equipment and supplies including two 20-tonne tractors, two cabooses, scientific equipment, fuel sleds, specially heated clothing and Antarctic cold weather gear, and a variety of food supplies.
More top news
White House budget officials outlined the information during a telephone call with reporters given on condition of anonymity.
A prison officer is to be charged with gross negligence manslaughter and misconduct in public office in relation to the death of an inmate.
The 2017 Oscars will be remembered as the year the wrong film got the best picture award, but it wasn't the first memorable mix-up.