- The name of the expedition is called 'The Coldest Journey'.
- The expedition will begin on 21 March 2013 at the winter equinox.
- It will take six months in total - crossing Antarctica to reach the Ross Sea and has taken 5 years to plan.
- Fiennes is aiming to travel 2,000 miles across the continent over six months, mostly in complete darkness and in temperatures approaching -90C.
- The SA Agulhas will take on board technical equipment and supplies including two 20-tonne tractors, two cabooses, scientific equipment, fuel sleds, specially heated clothing and Antarctic cold weather gear, and a variety of food supplies.
More top news
Ouarzazate in Moroco is all about the movies and half the city's residents work in showbusiness.
Theresa May will say they need to show the same resolve in countering terrorism as they do in responding to the threat posed by Russia.
Vogel is speaking publicly for the first time – it has taken her the best part of 40 years to feel strong enough to do so.