- The name of the expedition is called 'The Coldest Journey'.
- The expedition will begin on 21 March 2013 at the winter equinox.
- It will take six months in total - crossing Antarctica to reach the Ross Sea and has taken 5 years to plan.
- Fiennes is aiming to travel 2,000 miles across the continent over six months, mostly in complete darkness and in temperatures approaching -90C.
- The SA Agulhas will take on board technical equipment and supplies including two 20-tonne tractors, two cabooses, scientific equipment, fuel sleds, specially heated clothing and Antarctic cold weather gear, and a variety of food supplies.
More top news
Harry Brust was first prescribed the drugs to treat a skin condition as a child - but it led to him becoming addicted to heroin.
Low pressure will keep the weather cloudy and wet for many areas overnight.
MPs defeat Labour amendment on 1% cap on annual rises after the Government earlier confirmed the policy would stay after double u-turn.