- The name of the expedition is called 'The Coldest Journey'.
- The expedition will begin on 21 March 2013 at the winter equinox.
- It will take six months in total - crossing Antarctica to reach the Ross Sea and has taken 5 years to plan.
- Fiennes is aiming to travel 2,000 miles across the continent over six months, mostly in complete darkness and in temperatures approaching -90C.
- The SA Agulhas will take on board technical equipment and supplies including two 20-tonne tractors, two cabooses, scientific equipment, fuel sleds, specially heated clothing and Antarctic cold weather gear, and a variety of food supplies.
More top news
The Duke of Cambridge is to end his role as an air ambulance pilot and become a full-time Royal, Kensington Palace has announced.
The UN released the before and after images and described the damage, reportedly caused by Islamic State, as 'a new war crime'.
The 16-year-old's body was found on January 16 on a pathway in Dinnington, South Yorkshire.