- The name of the expedition is called 'The Coldest Journey'.
- The expedition will begin on 21 March 2013 at the winter equinox.
- It will take six months in total - crossing Antarctica to reach the Ross Sea and has taken 5 years to plan.
- Fiennes is aiming to travel 2,000 miles across the continent over six months, mostly in complete darkness and in temperatures approaching -90C.
- The SA Agulhas will take on board technical equipment and supplies including two 20-tonne tractors, two cabooses, scientific equipment, fuel sleds, specially heated clothing and Antarctic cold weather gear, and a variety of food supplies.
More top news
Theresa May agreed to outline the government's plans after tabling an amendment to a Labour motion calling for more details on 'Brexit'.
Retailers pledge to reduce the padding they use in deliveries as ITV News reports on the environmental impact of excessive packaging.
The Military Wives Choir are hoping to top the charts again this Christmas with their single Home For Christmas.