- Richard O'Dwyer could have faced jail if convicted of the allegations.
- The allegations were brought following a crackdown by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.
- The agency claimed the TVShack.net website earned more than $230,000 (£147,000) in advertising revenue.
- US authorities obtained a warrant and seized the domain name in June 2010.
- It is thought Mr O'Dwyer will return to the UK with his family today.
More top news
Rain will spread eastwards across southern areas tonight. Clear and frosty in the north.
Political leaders will go head-to-head at ITV's studios in MediaCityUK in Salford, ITV has confirmed, as the set for the event is unveiled.
More than 100 people claiming to represent working people across Britain have signed a letter backing Labour in the general election.