- Richard O'Dwyer could have faced jail if convicted of the allegations.
- The allegations were brought following a crackdown by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.
- The agency claimed the TVShack.net website earned more than $230,000 (£147,000) in advertising revenue.
- US authorities obtained a warrant and seized the domain name in June 2010.
- It is thought Mr O'Dwyer will return to the UK with his family today.
More top news
Today started quite promising for many, largely dry and sunny.
Turkish deputy premier says 15,000 refugees from Syria have been admitted with a further 30,000 refugees being cared for across the border
Did you see an exploding bus on Lambeth Bridge? Fear not all was not as it seemed.