- Richard O'Dwyer could have faced jail if convicted of the allegations.
- The allegations were brought following a crackdown by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.
- The agency claimed the TVShack.net website earned more than $230,000 (£147,000) in advertising revenue.
- US authorities obtained a warrant and seized the domain name in June 2010.
- It is thought Mr O'Dwyer will return to the UK with his family today.
More top news
See how your area fares.
The world's first ever 'hole in the wall' was installed in Enfield, north London, on June 27 1967.
America says it has "identified preparations" for an attack similar to that which killed at least 86, including 30 children, in April.