- Richard O'Dwyer could have faced jail if convicted of the allegations.
- The allegations were brought following a crackdown by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.
- The agency claimed the TVShack.net website earned more than $230,000 (£147,000) in advertising revenue.
- US authorities obtained a warrant and seized the domain name in June 2010.
- It is thought Mr O'Dwyer will return to the UK with his family today.
More top news
A similar split set up to today
The Eagles of Death Metal want to be the first to play the Bataclan when it reopens, the lead singer has said in an emotional interview.
Cheap commercial spaceflight took one giant leap closer to reality after Blue Origin successfully landed a rocket - upright - in Texas.