- Richard O'Dwyer could have faced jail if convicted of the allegations.
- The allegations were brought following a crackdown by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.
- The agency claimed the TVShack.net website earned more than $230,000 (£147,000) in advertising revenue.
- US authorities obtained a warrant and seized the domain name in June 2010.
- It is thought Mr O'Dwyer will return to the UK with his family today.
More top news
The city has endured weeks of disruption as police investigated the poisoning of Sergei and Yulia Skripal.
Dr James Goodman underwent the procedure on his tongue at the Royal Marsden NHS Hospital.
The boat is carrying 224 migrants the Italian coastguard had assigned to Libyan authorities to rescue.