- Richard O'Dwyer could have faced jail if convicted of the allegations.
- The allegations were brought following a crackdown by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.
- The agency claimed the TVShack.net website earned more than $230,000 (£147,000) in advertising revenue.
- US authorities obtained a warrant and seized the domain name in June 2010.
- It is thought Mr O'Dwyer will return to the UK with his family today.
More top news
Change is needed in the England camp after a disastrous Rugby World Cup - but perhaps England's head coach should get a second chance.
Brave Owen Richards, 16, lost his brother, uncle and granddad in the beach tragedy, but now helps other survivors through their grief.
The millionaire and former government adviser appeared at Westminster Magistrate's Court accused of sexual activity with a child.