- Richard O'Dwyer could have faced jail if convicted of the allegations.
- The allegations were brought following a crackdown by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.
- The agency claimed the TVShack.net website earned more than $230,000 (£147,000) in advertising revenue.
- US authorities obtained a warrant and seized the domain name in June 2010.
- It is thought Mr O'Dwyer will return to the UK with his family today.
More top news
Conservative Ben Bradley admitted his claims were 'wholly untrue and false', and pledged a 'significant' donation to charity.
Turning bitterly cold into next week with freezing temperatures by day and night
It comes as 22 charities signed an open letter vowing to improve safeguarding, and apologising for 'failures' in the sector.