- Richard O'Dwyer could have faced jail if convicted of the allegations.
- The allegations were brought following a crackdown by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.
- The agency claimed the TVShack.net website earned more than $230,000 (£147,000) in advertising revenue.
- US authorities obtained a warrant and seized the domain name in June 2010.
- It is thought Mr O'Dwyer will return to the UK with his family today.
More top news
Weather set to stay cool and cloudy tomorrow
Europe's asylum, immigration and freedom of movement laws "wholly inadequate" to deal with arrival of hundreds of thousands of people.
A passenger who helped foil a suspected terror attack on a high-speed train in France is to appear on US show "Dancing With The Stars".