The Government has published its final report on the Winterbourne View Hospital, the main findings include:
- by Spring 2013 the department will set out proposals to strengthen accountability of boards of directors and senior managers
- by June 2013 all current placements will be reviewed, everyone in hospital inappropriately moved to community-based support as quickly as possible, and no later than June 2014
- by April 2014 each area will have a joint plan to ensure high quality care and support services for all people with learning disabilities or autism and mental health conditions or behaviour described as challenging
- the CQC will strengthen inspections and regulation of hospitals and care homes, including unannounced inspections involving people who use services and their families
- a new NHS and local government-led joint improvement team will be created to lead and support this transformation
More top news
Tuesday: A cloudy, cool and dull day with outbreaks of heavy rain becoming lighter and patchier.
The former England cricketer fears England will become "cluttered" unless it leaves the EU.
Jean-Louis Cayrou, 54, was found guilty of murdering his ex-lover Patricia Wilson, 58, after their relationship broke down.