The Government has published its final report on the Winterbourne View Hospital, the main findings include:
- by Spring 2013 the department will set out proposals to strengthen accountability of boards of directors and senior managers
- by June 2013 all current placements will be reviewed, everyone in hospital inappropriately moved to community-based support as quickly as possible, and no later than June 2014
- by April 2014 each area will have a joint plan to ensure high quality care and support services for all people with learning disabilities or autism and mental health conditions or behaviour described as challenging
- the CQC will strengthen inspections and regulation of hospitals and care homes, including unannounced inspections involving people who use services and their families
- a new NHS and local government-led joint improvement team will be created to lead and support this transformation
More top news
William's comments came during a surprise appearance at an event scheduled for just his brother.
Matt Campbell, who collapsed just a few miles from the finish line, had hoped to raise £2,500.
Barbara Brand was reportedly in the back of the comedian’s chauffeur-driven saloon when it was involved in a hit-and-run in Essex.