The Government has published its final report on the Winterbourne View Hospital, the main findings include:
- by Spring 2013 the department will set out proposals to strengthen accountability of boards of directors and senior managers
- by June 2013 all current placements will be reviewed, everyone in hospital inappropriately moved to community-based support as quickly as possible, and no later than June 2014
- by April 2014 each area will have a joint plan to ensure high quality care and support services for all people with learning disabilities or autism and mental health conditions or behaviour described as challenging
- the CQC will strengthen inspections and regulation of hospitals and care homes, including unannounced inspections involving people who use services and their families
- a new NHS and local government-led joint improvement team will be created to lead and support this transformation
More top news
Ministers are reportedly 'dropping' plans to ease fire safety standards in new schools in the wake of the Grenfell Tower fire.
A 24-year-old mum has been arrested on suspicion of two counts of injury to a child after her young children were found dead in a hot car.
More than 80 people are refusing to leave their homes on the Chalcots Estate despite an evacuation of the estate's tower blocks.