The Government has published its final report on the Winterbourne View Hospital, the main findings include:
- by Spring 2013 the department will set out proposals to strengthen accountability of boards of directors and senior managers
- by June 2013 all current placements will be reviewed, everyone in hospital inappropriately moved to community-based support as quickly as possible, and no later than June 2014
- by April 2014 each area will have a joint plan to ensure high quality care and support services for all people with learning disabilities or autism and mental health conditions or behaviour described as challenging
- the CQC will strengthen inspections and regulation of hospitals and care homes, including unannounced inspections involving people who use services and their families
- a new NHS and local government-led joint improvement team will be created to lead and support this transformation
More top news
A gunman who killed nine people and at a Munich shopping centre was German-born and had no links with Islamic State, authorities say.
Torrential rain and flooding has killed 24 people in China and forced tens of thousands from their homes, according to state media.
Police have released 12 images of people wanted in connection with what they describe as 'disorder' at a McDonalds in central London.