The Government has published its final report on the Winterbourne View Hospital, the main findings include:
- by Spring 2013 the department will set out proposals to strengthen accountability of boards of directors and senior managers
- by June 2013 all current placements will be reviewed, everyone in hospital inappropriately moved to community-based support as quickly as possible, and no later than June 2014
- by April 2014 each area will have a joint plan to ensure high quality care and support services for all people with learning disabilities or autism and mental health conditions or behaviour described as challenging
- the CQC will strengthen inspections and regulation of hospitals and care homes, including unannounced inspections involving people who use services and their families
- a new NHS and local government-led joint improvement team will be created to lead and support this transformation
More top news
A memorial service has been held at Birmingham Cathedral to remember the victims of the Birmingham pub bombings 40 years ago tonight.
One of the world richest and most influential philanthropists has told ITV News that governments failed to act fast enough over Ebola.
Chewing gum manufacturers must help pay the multimillion-pound bill for cleaning up discarded pieces, councils have said.