The Government has published its final report on the Winterbourne View Hospital, the main findings include:
- by Spring 2013 the department will set out proposals to strengthen accountability of boards of directors and senior managers
- by June 2013 all current placements will be reviewed, everyone in hospital inappropriately moved to community-based support as quickly as possible, and no later than June 2014
- by April 2014 each area will have a joint plan to ensure high quality care and support services for all people with learning disabilities or autism and mental health conditions or behaviour described as challenging
- the CQC will strengthen inspections and regulation of hospitals and care homes, including unannounced inspections involving people who use services and their families
- a new NHS and local government-led joint improvement team will be created to lead and support this transformation
More top news
A four-year-old boy has died after being hit by a car outside a medical centre in Leeds.
The McCanns said they will do "whatever it takes for as long as it takes" to find their daughter, ten years after her disappearance.
The US President has marked his first 100 days in the White House by speaking at a campaign-style rally in Pennsylvania.