The Government has published its final report on the Winterbourne View Hospital, the main findings include:
- by Spring 2013 the department will set out proposals to strengthen accountability of boards of directors and senior managers
- by June 2013 all current placements will be reviewed, everyone in hospital inappropriately moved to community-based support as quickly as possible, and no later than June 2014
- by April 2014 each area will have a joint plan to ensure high quality care and support services for all people with learning disabilities or autism and mental health conditions or behaviour described as challenging
- the CQC will strengthen inspections and regulation of hospitals and care homes, including unannounced inspections involving people who use services and their families
- a new NHS and local government-led joint improvement team will be created to lead and support this transformation
More top news
Jo Milne from Gateshead went viral when a video of her hearing for the first time was posted online. Now she is preparing for a new battle.
A man from China has set a rather unenviable new world record - by covering himself in more than 1.1 million bees, weighing 17st.
Chinese goalkeeper Sui Weijie has been fined 50,000 yuan (£5,240) after allowing an opponent to score while he sipped on a bottle of water