The Government has published its final report on the Winterbourne View Hospital, the main findings include:
- by Spring 2013 the department will set out proposals to strengthen accountability of boards of directors and senior managers
- by June 2013 all current placements will be reviewed, everyone in hospital inappropriately moved to community-based support as quickly as possible, and no later than June 2014
- by April 2014 each area will have a joint plan to ensure high quality care and support services for all people with learning disabilities or autism and mental health conditions or behaviour described as challenging
- the CQC will strengthen inspections and regulation of hospitals and care homes, including unannounced inspections involving people who use services and their families
- a new NHS and local government-led joint improvement team will be created to lead and support this transformation
More top news
The migrants were found in 15 vessels, including a jet ski, in what was Spain's busiest day for rescues.
Madison Gulliver's entire arm was left blistered and scarred days after getting the tattoo in Egypt.
A Hurricane in the Atlantic is set to bring rain in the north this weekend - but it could mean better weather for the south.