The Government has published its final report on the Winterbourne View Hospital, the main findings include:
- by Spring 2013 the department will set out proposals to strengthen accountability of boards of directors and senior managers
- by June 2013 all current placements will be reviewed, everyone in hospital inappropriately moved to community-based support as quickly as possible, and no later than June 2014
- by April 2014 each area will have a joint plan to ensure high quality care and support services for all people with learning disabilities or autism and mental health conditions or behaviour described as challenging
- the CQC will strengthen inspections and regulation of hospitals and care homes, including unannounced inspections involving people who use services and their families
- a new NHS and local government-led joint improvement team will be created to lead and support this transformation
More top news
Pregnant women who smoke are more likely to give up if they are given shopping vouchers, new research suggests.
Children are eating the equivalent of seven and a half chocolate fingers for breakfast, campaigners have warned.
Stephen Fry has suggested that the "the patter of tiny feet" may be on the agenda following his wedding to Elliot Spencer.