E.On's announcement today is the latest in price hikes from energy firms:
- British Gas imposed an average increase of 6% affecting 8.5 million customers from November 16.
- Npower's average rise of 8.8% for gas and 9.1% for electricity came into force on November 26.
- EDF Energy's 10.8% price rise for domestic gas and electricity came into force last week.
- SSE, which trades as Southern Electric, Swalec and Scottish Hydro, increased its tariffs by 9% on October 15.
- Scottish Power hiked bills by an average 7% on December 3.
More top news
The former Scottish Secretary was behind a controversial leaked memo released in the countdown to the general election, an inquiry has found
Warm sunny spells and some showers through rest of today across the UK, particularly in the southeast
A Norwich supporter feared he would miss out on the club's biggest match for years after a barking mad incident