E.On's announcement today is the latest in price hikes from energy firms:
- British Gas imposed an average increase of 6% affecting 8.5 million customers from November 16.
- Npower's average rise of 8.8% for gas and 9.1% for electricity came into force on November 26.
- EDF Energy's 10.8% price rise for domestic gas and electricity came into force last week.
- SSE, which trades as Southern Electric, Swalec and Scottish Hydro, increased its tariffs by 9% on October 15.
- Scottish Power hiked bills by an average 7% on December 3.
More top news
The England cricket captain is the first Englishman and youngest player to ever achieve the landmark.
Police are appealing for news of Connor Jarvis, 19, after he did not return from a solo holiday in Marrakech as planned.
The Leicester City ace said he "felt himself starting to go" when he saw his bride on their magical wedding day last week.