E.On's announcement today is the latest in price hikes from energy firms:
- British Gas imposed an average increase of 6% affecting 8.5 million customers from November 16.
- Npower's average rise of 8.8% for gas and 9.1% for electricity came into force on November 26.
- EDF Energy's 10.8% price rise for domestic gas and electricity came into force last week.
- SSE, which trades as Southern Electric, Swalec and Scottish Hydro, increased its tariffs by 9% on October 15.
- Scottish Power hiked bills by an average 7% on December 3.
More top news
Ukip leader Paul Nuttall has announced that he will be standing for the seat of Boston and Skegness in the forthcoming General Election.
Beckie Finch and Adam Ryan met on the dating show but the groom had to track down his future missus after filming as he didn't pick her.
The Prime Minister was reportedly coming under pressure from Tory MPs in the south to cancel HS2.