E.On's announcement today is the latest in price hikes from energy firms:
- British Gas imposed an average increase of 6% affecting 8.5 million customers from November 16.
- Npower's average rise of 8.8% for gas and 9.1% for electricity came into force on November 26.
- EDF Energy's 10.8% price rise for domestic gas and electricity came into force last week.
- SSE, which trades as Southern Electric, Swalec and Scottish Hydro, increased its tariffs by 9% on October 15.
- Scottish Power hiked bills by an average 7% on December 3.
More top news
Conditions will remain cloudy, with some showers in the south and sunny spells likely, especially in the east.
Here are Ian Payne's British medal prospects for the 2016 Rio Olympics.
The Democratic presidential nominee pledged to foster an inclusive society, create jobs and make college tuition debt free for all.