E.On's announcement today is the latest in price hikes from energy firms:
- British Gas imposed an average increase of 6% affecting 8.5 million customers from November 16.
- Npower's average rise of 8.8% for gas and 9.1% for electricity came into force on November 26.
- EDF Energy's 10.8% price rise for domestic gas and electricity came into force last week.
- SSE, which trades as Southern Electric, Swalec and Scottish Hydro, increased its tariffs by 9% on October 15.
- Scottish Power hiked bills by an average 7% on December 3.
More top news
A hitchhiking robot that won the hearts of fans worldwide has met an untimely end after being vandalised on its trip across the US.
Rules could be changed to remove support for failed asylum seekers living in Britain with their families, a Home Office minister has said.
More than 50 dog surfers of all breeds and sizes joined an annual dog surfing competition in California