E.On's announcement today is the latest in price hikes from energy firms:
- British Gas imposed an average increase of 6% affecting 8.5 million customers from November 16.
- Npower's average rise of 8.8% for gas and 9.1% for electricity came into force on November 26.
- EDF Energy's 10.8% price rise for domestic gas and electricity came into force last week.
- SSE, which trades as Southern Electric, Swalec and Scottish Hydro, increased its tariffs by 9% on October 15.
- Scottish Power hiked bills by an average 7% on December 3.
More top news
Man City tightened their grasp on fourth spot with a comfortable 2-0 victory over West Ham at the Etihad Stadium
The Labour leader has a certain swagger in this election campaign and his team are upbeat. But why?
Police are appealing for help in tracing a family of six who are feared to be travelling to Syria.