E.On's announcement today is the latest in price hikes from energy firms:
- British Gas imposed an average increase of 6% affecting 8.5 million customers from November 16.
- Npower's average rise of 8.8% for gas and 9.1% for electricity came into force on November 26.
- EDF Energy's 10.8% price rise for domestic gas and electricity came into force last week.
- SSE, which trades as Southern Electric, Swalec and Scottish Hydro, increased its tariffs by 9% on October 15.
- Scottish Power hiked bills by an average 7% on December 3.
More top news
Investigators have extracted data from the crashed EgyptAir Flight MS804's recorder.
Will Jeremy Corbyn be going anywhere? Not if membership figures are to be believed.
Deputy party leader Tom Watson said that what has happened with Jeremy Corbyn is a "great tragedy".