E.On's announcement today is the latest in price hikes from energy firms:
- British Gas imposed an average increase of 6% affecting 8.5 million customers from November 16.
- Npower's average rise of 8.8% for gas and 9.1% for electricity came into force on November 26.
- EDF Energy's 10.8% price rise for domestic gas and electricity came into force last week.
- SSE, which trades as Southern Electric, Swalec and Scottish Hydro, increased its tariffs by 9% on October 15.
- Scottish Power hiked bills by an average 7% on December 3.
More top news
Given how dependent the rest of world is on China, it's $33 trillion debt could affect the UK - and here's why.
"Their fictitious state has fallen," an Iraqi military spokesman said after forces were said to have recaptured the landmark mosque from IS.
The sister of one of the Hillsborough victims said her father made her promise to "get truth and justice" on his deathbed.