The Finucane family are maintaining their demand for a full public inquiry, and have said today's review by Lord did not provide them with much new information. Geraldine Finucane said:
The report revealed "shocking" levels of state collusion, but "no conspiracy." The Finucane family may be seeking answers to some of the following questions:
- Who were the police officers involved that suggested Mr Finucane be selected as a murder target? Will they be named? Are they still serving?
- Who in the Army "must bear some responsibility" for the death?
- Why did the RUC not act on the information provided by informer Brian Stobie?
- Who within the Army and the Ministry of Defence provided "highly misleading" and "factually inaccurate" information about the handling of informer Brian Nelson?
- How high up the chain of command in the Army and the MOD did the subsequent cover-up of the intelligence surrounding Brian Nelson go?