UEFA confirmed it had handed out a series of bans to Serbia Under-21 players and staff:
- Goran Caušic (four matches)
- Ognjen Mudrinski (three matches)
- Filip Malbašic (three matches)
- Nikola Ninkovic (two matches)
- Coach Predrag Katic (two years)
- Fitness coach Andreja Milunovic (two years)
The Football Association and the Ferdinand brothers led a wave of angry reaction tonight to UEFA's fine for Serbia.
There can little doubt over whether Serbia should and will be punished; but it is the level of punishment from UEFA that is important.
UEFA has announced it is to instigate proceedings against England and Serbia following the side's U21's match on Tuesday night.