- 2.3 million doses of unlicensed medicines were seized by the MHRA in conjunction with the UK Border Force, including 68,000 doses of counterfeit medicines
- The MHRA said more than 384 websites were suspended in the UK and a further 120 domain names were shut down
- 50% of pharmacists know customers who have admitted getting prescription-only medicines through illicit online sources
- 85% of respondents strongly agreed there are health risks by bypassing the legitimate healthcare system
- 73% of pharmacists felt that over recent years, there has been a rise in the number of people getting prescription-only medicine online.
More top news
Marks and Spencer will become the first UK retailer to add vitamin D to its entire packaged bread range.
An over-the-top 80's action movie parody featuring kung fu Hitler and a David Hasselhoff soundtrack gets almost four million views online.
The government is treating the fight against obesity as a priority, as a new report cautions that one in five cancer deaths is caused by it.