- 2.3 million doses of unlicensed medicines were seized by the MHRA in conjunction with the UK Border Force, including 68,000 doses of counterfeit medicines
- The MHRA said more than 384 websites were suspended in the UK and a further 120 domain names were shut down
- 50% of pharmacists know customers who have admitted getting prescription-only medicines through illicit online sources
- 85% of respondents strongly agreed there are health risks by bypassing the legitimate healthcare system
- 73% of pharmacists felt that over recent years, there has been a rise in the number of people getting prescription-only medicine online.
More top news
Children in the North and the Midlands are less likely to get a good secondary education than those in the South, schools inspector to say.
Mild in the south but colder in the north tonight and turning frosty and icy - before rain moves in.
ITV News' Tom Brady speaks to billionaire philanthropist Bill Gates about clean energy sources and a new $7bn green tech research fund.