- 2.3 million doses of unlicensed medicines were seized by the MHRA in conjunction with the UK Border Force, including 68,000 doses of counterfeit medicines
- The MHRA said more than 384 websites were suspended in the UK and a further 120 domain names were shut down
- 50% of pharmacists know customers who have admitted getting prescription-only medicines through illicit online sources
- 85% of respondents strongly agreed there are health risks by bypassing the legitimate healthcare system
- 73% of pharmacists felt that over recent years, there has been a rise in the number of people getting prescription-only medicine online.
More top news
Some dogs have been at the Battersea Dogs and Cats Home for more than a year. Can you make their Christmas and give them a new home?
Selfless Donna Wood from Staffordshire has left her husband and children at home so she can help save lives in Sierra Leone.
From Sierra Leone to Cyprus, 8,500 Christmas boxes were sent out to every serviceman and woman from the UK.