- 2.3 million doses of unlicensed medicines were seized by the MHRA in conjunction with the UK Border Force, including 68,000 doses of counterfeit medicines
- The MHRA said more than 384 websites were suspended in the UK and a further 120 domain names were shut down
- 50% of pharmacists know customers who have admitted getting prescription-only medicines through illicit online sources
- 85% of respondents strongly agreed there are health risks by bypassing the legitimate healthcare system
- 73% of pharmacists felt that over recent years, there has been a rise in the number of people getting prescription-only medicine online.
More top news
Brighter skies developing across northern Britain and Northern Ireland with some sunshine tomorrow but feeling cooler again.
A mafia-wife will be looking to rule the roost as she joins fellow reality stars, singers, actors and models in the CBB house.
Almost immediately after EDF announced it was ready to proceed with Hinkley C, the government announced it wasn't.