- 2.3 million doses of unlicensed medicines were seized by the MHRA in conjunction with the UK Border Force, including 68,000 doses of counterfeit medicines
- The MHRA said more than 384 websites were suspended in the UK and a further 120 domain names were shut down
- 50% of pharmacists know customers who have admitted getting prescription-only medicines through illicit online sources
- 85% of respondents strongly agreed there are health risks by bypassing the legitimate healthcare system
- 73% of pharmacists felt that over recent years, there has been a rise in the number of people getting prescription-only medicine online.
More top news
"How dare he make such horrendous statements over the airwaves."
"It was an unbelievable moment to finally meet Sue in person and give her a big hug - she's my hero."
A Chinese teenager has been found hiding in the cargo hold of an Emirates passenger plane flying from Shanghai to Dubai.