- 2.3 million doses of unlicensed medicines were seized by the MHRA in conjunction with the UK Border Force, including 68,000 doses of counterfeit medicines
- The MHRA said more than 384 websites were suspended in the UK and a further 120 domain names were shut down
- 50% of pharmacists know customers who have admitted getting prescription-only medicines through illicit online sources
- 85% of respondents strongly agreed there are health risks by bypassing the legitimate healthcare system
- 73% of pharmacists felt that over recent years, there has been a rise in the number of people getting prescription-only medicine online.
More top news
The work and pensions secretary is said to be thinking of throwing his hat in the ring for leadership of the Tory party.
Prior to the EU referendum Boris Johnson spoke to ITV News National Editor, Allegra Stratton, on what a post-Brexit UK would look like.
The woman, called Karen, was in tears as she spoke about the xenophobic attacks she has suffered since the EU referendum.