- 2.3 million doses of unlicensed medicines were seized by the MHRA in conjunction with the UK Border Force, including 68,000 doses of counterfeit medicines
- The MHRA said more than 384 websites were suspended in the UK and a further 120 domain names were shut down
- 50% of pharmacists know customers who have admitted getting prescription-only medicines through illicit online sources
- 85% of respondents strongly agreed there are health risks by bypassing the legitimate healthcare system
- 73% of pharmacists felt that over recent years, there has been a rise in the number of people getting prescription-only medicine online.
More top news
One tenant confronted the leader of Camden Council as tensions rise in evacuation of Chalcots estate.
The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, is alleged to have attacked the girl in a Manchester park on Saturday evening.
Sunny and dry for most on Monday although rain affects much of Ireland.