- 2.3 million doses of unlicensed medicines were seized by the MHRA in conjunction with the UK Border Force, including 68,000 doses of counterfeit medicines
- The MHRA said more than 384 websites were suspended in the UK and a further 120 domain names were shut down
- 50% of pharmacists know customers who have admitted getting prescription-only medicines through illicit online sources
- 85% of respondents strongly agreed there are health risks by bypassing the legitimate healthcare system
- 73% of pharmacists felt that over recent years, there has been a rise in the number of people getting prescription-only medicine online.
More top news
The MK912 spitfire was forced to make an emergency landing soon after taking off.
Showers ease in the north tonight, with it becoming very warm in the southeast tomorrow.
A mass inhalation of "hippy crack" was carried out in the shadow of Parliament on Saturday in protest at the Government's drug policy.