- 2.3 million doses of unlicensed medicines were seized by the MHRA in conjunction with the UK Border Force, including 68,000 doses of counterfeit medicines
- The MHRA said more than 384 websites were suspended in the UK and a further 120 domain names were shut down
- 50% of pharmacists know customers who have admitted getting prescription-only medicines through illicit online sources
- 85% of respondents strongly agreed there are health risks by bypassing the legitimate healthcare system
- 73% of pharmacists felt that over recent years, there has been a rise in the number of people getting prescription-only medicine online.
More top news
High pressure kept largely settled on Friday with plenty of summer sunshine. Unfortunately it won't be hanging around this weekend.
The celebrity chef pledged to donate £2 from every pasta dish sold to the rebuilding efforts following the earthquake in Italy.
A 19 year-old from South East London has pleaded guilty after he soiled himself and revealed where he had hidden packets of heroin.