- 2.3 million doses of unlicensed medicines were seized by the MHRA in conjunction with the UK Border Force, including 68,000 doses of counterfeit medicines
- The MHRA said more than 384 websites were suspended in the UK and a further 120 domain names were shut down
- 50% of pharmacists know customers who have admitted getting prescription-only medicines through illicit online sources
- 85% of respondents strongly agreed there are health risks by bypassing the legitimate healthcare system
- 73% of pharmacists felt that over recent years, there has been a rise in the number of people getting prescription-only medicine online.
More top news
Several holy sisters have set up a restaurant in Shoreditch - under the name "Nundos".
President Xi Jinping hailed the start of a "new era" as he set out his vision for China to become a "great modern socialist country".
Douglas Ross has been accused of a "perverse sense of priorities" after it was confirmed he will be at the Nou Camp not the Commons.