- 2.3 million doses of unlicensed medicines were seized by the MHRA in conjunction with the UK Border Force, including 68,000 doses of counterfeit medicines
- The MHRA said more than 384 websites were suspended in the UK and a further 120 domain names were shut down
- 50% of pharmacists know customers who have admitted getting prescription-only medicines through illicit online sources
- 85% of respondents strongly agreed there are health risks by bypassing the legitimate healthcare system
- 73% of pharmacists felt that over recent years, there has been a rise in the number of people getting prescription-only medicine online.
More top news
Heavy thundery rain across Northern Ireland and western Scotland will slowly move east across Scotland and parts northern England overnight.
A family has paid tribute to a "selfless" mother-of-five as she was identified as one of the victims of the Grenfell Tower fire.
The world's highest-paid actress earned less in the past 12 months than the 14 top-paid actors, it has been revealed.