- 2.3 million doses of unlicensed medicines were seized by the MHRA in conjunction with the UK Border Force, including 68,000 doses of counterfeit medicines
- The MHRA said more than 384 websites were suspended in the UK and a further 120 domain names were shut down
- 50% of pharmacists know customers who have admitted getting prescription-only medicines through illicit online sources
- 85% of respondents strongly agreed there are health risks by bypassing the legitimate healthcare system
- 73% of pharmacists felt that over recent years, there has been a rise in the number of people getting prescription-only medicine online.
More top news
Hollywood actor Mickey Rourke made a return to the boxing ring today aged 62, defeating an opponent less than half his age.
Poland has warned the UK that it will block any plans to discriminate between British and EU citizens.
The world's biggest ritual animal slaughter has begun in Nepal, amid protests. Readers may find images in this article distressing.