- 2.3 million doses of unlicensed medicines were seized by the MHRA in conjunction with the UK Border Force, including 68,000 doses of counterfeit medicines
- The MHRA said more than 384 websites were suspended in the UK and a further 120 domain names were shut down
- 50% of pharmacists know customers who have admitted getting prescription-only medicines through illicit online sources
- 85% of respondents strongly agreed there are health risks by bypassing the legitimate healthcare system
- 73% of pharmacists felt that over recent years, there has been a rise in the number of people getting prescription-only medicine online.
More top news
Celebrating his expected win, Putin said Russia was ready to cooperate with British authorities in the Sergei Skripal investigation.
Largely dry elsewhere tonight with a widespread frost and icy stretches
The so-called mini-Beast from the East has swept in, bringing with it snow, ice and strong winds.