- 2.3 million doses of unlicensed medicines were seized by the MHRA in conjunction with the UK Border Force, including 68,000 doses of counterfeit medicines
- The MHRA said more than 384 websites were suspended in the UK and a further 120 domain names were shut down
- 50% of pharmacists know customers who have admitted getting prescription-only medicines through illicit online sources
- 85% of respondents strongly agreed there are health risks by bypassing the legitimate healthcare system
- 73% of pharmacists felt that over recent years, there has been a rise in the number of people getting prescription-only medicine online.
More top news
The recovery is slowing continuing, but it is being driven by the service industry instead of manufacturing - keeping the wealth in London.
Will the 'potentially historic' snow storm hitting the US, find its way to the UK?
19-year-old Angus Mainland took a selfie with his mystery traveler at the weekend. He fell in love. But forgot to ask for her number.