- Sellers have dropped their prices by 3.3% or £7,772 month-on-month, to reach £228,989 on average in December, Rightmove said
- However big asking price falls are expected at this time of year as people selling over Christmas often have a pressing reason to do so
- Prices are still 1.4% higher than they were a year ago, despite the recent big dip
- The East Midlands was the only region across England and Wales to see a month-on-month price increase in December, with a 0.8% rise taking typical prices to £158,480
- The South West saw the biggest monthly fall, with prices nose-diving by 5.3% to reach £240,438 on average
More top news
A "crippling" and "potentially historic" blizzard is set to hit the US, possibly leaving up to 30 inches of snow.
The abusive pasts of more than 1,300 violent partners have been disclosed under a scheme introduced less than a year ago, new figures show.
David Cameron has said he wants to cut taxes after the next election because British people "deserve a reward" following years of austerity.