- Sellers have dropped their prices by 3.3% or £7,772 month-on-month, to reach £228,989 on average in December, Rightmove said
- However big asking price falls are expected at this time of year as people selling over Christmas often have a pressing reason to do so
- Prices are still 1.4% higher than they were a year ago, despite the recent big dip
- The East Midlands was the only region across England and Wales to see a month-on-month price increase in December, with a 0.8% rise taking typical prices to £158,480
- The South West saw the biggest monthly fall, with prices nose-diving by 5.3% to reach £240,438 on average
More top news
Neil Conway, who has terminal motor neurone disease, vowed to continue his battle against assisted dying law despite losing a High Court bid
Emergency services in Queensland posted a picture of the bull shark that wound up on a road while swimming in flood waters.
An apparent threat to pull security co-operation unless the European Union agrees to a trade deal has been played down by ministers.