- Sellers have dropped their prices by 3.3% or £7,772 month-on-month, to reach £228,989 on average in December, Rightmove said
- However big asking price falls are expected at this time of year as people selling over Christmas often have a pressing reason to do so
- Prices are still 1.4% higher than they were a year ago, despite the recent big dip
- The East Midlands was the only region across England and Wales to see a month-on-month price increase in December, with a 0.8% rise taking typical prices to £158,480
- The South West saw the biggest monthly fall, with prices nose-diving by 5.3% to reach £240,438 on average
More top news
Neil and Helen Robinson have been deaf since birth but after having cochlear implants fitted they can now hear.
Ian Brady has been refused permission to launch a High Court fight for the right to have his choice of lawyer at a tribunal
More than a thousand little chicks found dumped in a field near Peterborough have been put down over fears of avian flu.