- Sellers have dropped their prices by 3.3% or £7,772 month-on-month, to reach £228,989 on average in December, Rightmove said
- However big asking price falls are expected at this time of year as people selling over Christmas often have a pressing reason to do so
- Prices are still 1.4% higher than they were a year ago, despite the recent big dip
- The East Midlands was the only region across England and Wales to see a month-on-month price increase in December, with a 0.8% rise taking typical prices to £158,480
- The South West saw the biggest monthly fall, with prices nose-diving by 5.3% to reach £240,438 on average
More top news
A poll of Britain's largest trade union, seen by ITV News, indicates more than half of those surveyed think the Labour leader should quit.
Party rules state the new Tory leader will be announced on 9 September, but the way things are going it could all happen much sooner.
Contrary to Michael Gove's belief, people do need experts, now more than ever as we work out what leaving the EU actually means.