- Sellers have dropped their prices by 3.3% or £7,772 month-on-month, to reach £228,989 on average in December, Rightmove said
- However big asking price falls are expected at this time of year as people selling over Christmas often have a pressing reason to do so
- Prices are still 1.4% higher than they were a year ago, despite the recent big dip
- The East Midlands was the only region across England and Wales to see a month-on-month price increase in December, with a 0.8% rise taking typical prices to £158,480
- The South West saw the biggest monthly fall, with prices nose-diving by 5.3% to reach £240,438 on average
More top news
The 35-year-old has been brought back to replace Ivy Grace who had to pull out of the competition.
Outbreaks of rain will continue to spread northeastwards, turning most persistent and heavy in the southwest
Former shadow foreign secretary Hilary Benn led calls by a series of senior Labour MPs urging colleagues to 'win' back the party.