- Sellers have dropped their prices by 3.3% or £7,772 month-on-month, to reach £228,989 on average in December, Rightmove said
- However big asking price falls are expected at this time of year as people selling over Christmas often have a pressing reason to do so
- Prices are still 1.4% higher than they were a year ago, despite the recent big dip
- The East Midlands was the only region across England and Wales to see a month-on-month price increase in December, with a 0.8% rise taking typical prices to £158,480
- The South West saw the biggest monthly fall, with prices nose-diving by 5.3% to reach £240,438 on average
More top news
A mother and her boyfriend have been charged over the death of a 19-month-old girl who became trapped inside an oven and was burned.
Babies born at weekends in NHS hospitals are more likely to die in their first week than those delivered on weekdays, new research suggests.
A 16-year-old boy has died after an "altercation" between a group of men in Leicester.