- Sellers have dropped their prices by 3.3% or £7,772 month-on-month, to reach £228,989 on average in December, Rightmove said
- However big asking price falls are expected at this time of year as people selling over Christmas often have a pressing reason to do so
- Prices are still 1.4% higher than they were a year ago, despite the recent big dip
- The East Midlands was the only region across England and Wales to see a month-on-month price increase in December, with a 0.8% rise taking typical prices to £158,480
- The South West saw the biggest monthly fall, with prices nose-diving by 5.3% to reach £240,438 on average
More top news
Dr Michio Hirano denied having any financial interest in the experimental treatment considered for the baby.
The measures are set to be included in a court-mandated clean air strategy the Government is due to publish on Wednesday.
Low pressure in the Atlantic brings a spell of wet and windy weather on Wednesday.