- Sellers have dropped their prices by 3.3% or £7,772 month-on-month, to reach £228,989 on average in December, Rightmove said
- However big asking price falls are expected at this time of year as people selling over Christmas often have a pressing reason to do so
- Prices are still 1.4% higher than they were a year ago, despite the recent big dip
- The East Midlands was the only region across England and Wales to see a month-on-month price increase in December, with a 0.8% rise taking typical prices to £158,480
- The South West saw the biggest monthly fall, with prices nose-diving by 5.3% to reach £240,438 on average
More top news
Save Your Uber in London was set up after it was announced the firm would not have its licence renewed when it expires next week.
After a damp morning it will brighten up in the south and northeast but will remain cloudy in northwest England and southern Scotland.
Chinese leaders have imposed the sanctions after becoming increasingly frustrated with Kim Jong Un’s nuclear and missile tests.