- Sellers have dropped their prices by 3.3% or £7,772 month-on-month, to reach £228,989 on average in December, Rightmove said
- However big asking price falls are expected at this time of year as people selling over Christmas often have a pressing reason to do so
- Prices are still 1.4% higher than they were a year ago, despite the recent big dip
- The East Midlands was the only region across England and Wales to see a month-on-month price increase in December, with a 0.8% rise taking typical prices to £158,480
- The South West saw the biggest monthly fall, with prices nose-diving by 5.3% to reach £240,438 on average
More top news
Police are appealing for information about two sisters aged 12 and five who went missing three days ago.
Senior medical staff have urged junior doctors and the Government to break the deadlock over the medics' long-running contract dispute.
A young girl has become an internet sensation after pictures emerged of her being attacked by a goose.