- Sellers have dropped their prices by 3.3% or £7,772 month-on-month, to reach £228,989 on average in December, Rightmove said
- However big asking price falls are expected at this time of year as people selling over Christmas often have a pressing reason to do so
- Prices are still 1.4% higher than they were a year ago, despite the recent big dip
- The East Midlands was the only region across England and Wales to see a month-on-month price increase in December, with a 0.8% rise taking typical prices to £158,480
- The South West saw the biggest monthly fall, with prices nose-diving by 5.3% to reach £240,438 on average
More top news
Theresa May was briefed on the Trident missile test which reportedly went wrong in June, it emerged this morning.
Christian Burgess joined an Under 12s side for training after Pompey's League Two game against Crawley Town was called off on Saturday.
Trump’s analysis of America’s economic troubles is flawed - ignoring the financial crisis and blaming China and Mexico for job losses.