- Sellers have dropped their prices by 3.3% or £7,772 month-on-month, to reach £228,989 on average in December, Rightmove said
- However big asking price falls are expected at this time of year as people selling over Christmas often have a pressing reason to do so
- Prices are still 1.4% higher than they were a year ago, despite the recent big dip
- The East Midlands was the only region across England and Wales to see a month-on-month price increase in December, with a 0.8% rise taking typical prices to £158,480
- The South West saw the biggest monthly fall, with prices nose-diving by 5.3% to reach £240,438 on average
More top news
The Duchess of Cambridge today made her last public appearance before the birth of her second child, with the Duke saying "any day now".
The tomb that houses Richard III's coffin has been revealed in Leicester Cathedral.
Launching Plaid Cymru's campaign, leader Leanne Wood, says the general election offers Wales an "unprecedented opportunity" for change.