- Sellers have dropped their prices by 3.3% or £7,772 month-on-month, to reach £228,989 on average in December, Rightmove said
- However big asking price falls are expected at this time of year as people selling over Christmas often have a pressing reason to do so
- Prices are still 1.4% higher than they were a year ago, despite the recent big dip
- The East Midlands was the only region across England and Wales to see a month-on-month price increase in December, with a 0.8% rise taking typical prices to £158,480
- The South West saw the biggest monthly fall, with prices nose-diving by 5.3% to reach £240,438 on average
More top news
A hitchhiking robot that won the hearts of fans worldwide has met an untimely end after being vandalised on its trip across the US.
Rules could be changed to remove support for failed asylum seekers living in Britain with their families, a Home Office minister has said.
More than 50 dog surfers of all breeds and sizes joined an annual dog surfing competition in California