- Sellers have dropped their prices by 3.3% or £7,772 month-on-month, to reach £228,989 on average in December, Rightmove said
- However big asking price falls are expected at this time of year as people selling over Christmas often have a pressing reason to do so
- Prices are still 1.4% higher than they were a year ago, despite the recent big dip
- The East Midlands was the only region across England and Wales to see a month-on-month price increase in December, with a 0.8% rise taking typical prices to £158,480
- The South West saw the biggest monthly fall, with prices nose-diving by 5.3% to reach £240,438 on average
More top news
It is going to feel far from spring-like other the next few days as we head into March.
Sam Galsworthy, uncle of missing Becky Watts, has spoken about the family's anguish as the search for her continues and they wait for news.
An online video showing a naked man apparently falling down the outside of Buckingham Palace has split opinion online - is it a hoax?