- Sellers have dropped their prices by 3.3% or £7,772 month-on-month, to reach £228,989 on average in December, Rightmove said
- However big asking price falls are expected at this time of year as people selling over Christmas often have a pressing reason to do so
- Prices are still 1.4% higher than they were a year ago, despite the recent big dip
- The East Midlands was the only region across England and Wales to see a month-on-month price increase in December, with a 0.8% rise taking typical prices to £158,480
- The South West saw the biggest monthly fall, with prices nose-diving by 5.3% to reach £240,438 on average
More top news
A website is threatening the release of hacked nude pictures of Emma Watson, reportedly in response to her speech on gender equality.
A cold front is making its way south so tomorrow will start fresh and bright but through the afternoon the cloud cover will increase.
Hilary Mantel has defended her story which imagines the assassination of Margaret Thatcher in 1983 after its publication prompted an outcry.