- Sellers have dropped their prices by 3.3% or £7,772 month-on-month, to reach £228,989 on average in December, Rightmove said
- However big asking price falls are expected at this time of year as people selling over Christmas often have a pressing reason to do so
- Prices are still 1.4% higher than they were a year ago, despite the recent big dip
- The East Midlands was the only region across England and Wales to see a month-on-month price increase in December, with a 0.8% rise taking typical prices to £158,480
- The South West saw the biggest monthly fall, with prices nose-diving by 5.3% to reach £240,438 on average
More top news
Change is needed in the England camp after a disastrous Rugby World Cup - but perhaps England's head coach should get a second chance.
Brave Owen Richards, 16, lost his brother, uncle and granddad in the beach tragedy, but now helps other survivors through their grief.
The millionaire and former government adviser appeared at Westminster Magistrate's Court accused of sexual activity with a child.