- Sellers have dropped their prices by 3.3% or £7,772 month-on-month, to reach £228,989 on average in December, Rightmove said
- However big asking price falls are expected at this time of year as people selling over Christmas often have a pressing reason to do so
- Prices are still 1.4% higher than they were a year ago, despite the recent big dip
- The East Midlands was the only region across England and Wales to see a month-on-month price increase in December, with a 0.8% rise taking typical prices to £158,480
- The South West saw the biggest monthly fall, with prices nose-diving by 5.3% to reach £240,438 on average
More top news
Resham Khan and Jameel Muhktar received horrific injuries to their faces and bodies in the attack on Ms Khan’s 21st birthday.
The 53-member body agreed that Prince Charles should succeed the Queen as the next commonwealth head.
Mary Ragoobeer and her sons, Shane and Sean, were killed in the blast in Leicester on February 25.