- Sellers have dropped their prices by 3.3% or £7,772 month-on-month, to reach £228,989 on average in December, Rightmove said
- However big asking price falls are expected at this time of year as people selling over Christmas often have a pressing reason to do so
- Prices are still 1.4% higher than they were a year ago, despite the recent big dip
- The East Midlands was the only region across England and Wales to see a month-on-month price increase in December, with a 0.8% rise taking typical prices to £158,480
- The South West saw the biggest monthly fall, with prices nose-diving by 5.3% to reach £240,438 on average
More top news
The US-led UN Command has released footage of a North Korean soldier's dramatic escape and shooting in the demilitarised zone.
Eight of those who were on board have been found by a search and rescue operation near the coast of Japan.
The US president questioned why it took the Alabama Republican Senate candidate's accusers 40 years to come forward.