- Sellers have dropped their prices by 3.3% or £7,772 month-on-month, to reach £228,989 on average in December, Rightmove said
- However big asking price falls are expected at this time of year as people selling over Christmas often have a pressing reason to do so
- Prices are still 1.4% higher than they were a year ago, despite the recent big dip
- The East Midlands was the only region across England and Wales to see a month-on-month price increase in December, with a 0.8% rise taking typical prices to £158,480
- The South West saw the biggest monthly fall, with prices nose-diving by 5.3% to reach £240,438 on average
More top news
Dan Ware, whose house caused a storm last year when it was posted on Twitter, says the Tories "care more about hardworking Brits"
Nepal is reeling with shock, on edge and waiting for help to arrive after it was hit by the worst earthquake disaster in over 80 years.
Former Newsnight presenter Jeremy Paxman has said he no longer watches the programme but revealed he's a fan of dating show Take Me Out