- Sellers have dropped their prices by 3.3% or £7,772 month-on-month, to reach £228,989 on average in December, Rightmove said
- However big asking price falls are expected at this time of year as people selling over Christmas often have a pressing reason to do so
- Prices are still 1.4% higher than they were a year ago, despite the recent big dip
- The East Midlands was the only region across England and Wales to see a month-on-month price increase in December, with a 0.8% rise taking typical prices to £158,480
- The South West saw the biggest monthly fall, with prices nose-diving by 5.3% to reach £240,438 on average
More top news
Singer reaches settlement with police following legal fight prompted by investigation conducted into him following sex assault allegations.
Manchester musicians Liam Gallagher, The Charlatans and Dave Haslam have pledged their support along with the Salford Red Devils.
Damon Smith from Newton Abbot was found guilty of planting a home-made bomb on the London Underground in October.