- Compare energy suppliers on a price comparison website
- Monthly direct debits, online accounts and dual fuel deals can be cheaper
- Insulate your home's loft and cavity walls
- Handheld energy monitors can estimate how much you're using in real time
- Turn your thermostat down - just 1C could cut your bill by £55 a year
- If you have an old gas boiler replace it with a new condensing model
- Stop heating escaping through gaps in windows and doors
More top news
The working poor and elderly fear they will be clobbered when the Chancellor announces his Autumn Statement tomorrow, Penny Marshall writes.
Computer giant Dell apologises for hacking vulnerability and releases instructions on how to remove the rogue eDellRoot Certificate.
Douglas McTavish believes a faulty tumble dryer may be to blame for his 39-year-old son's death in a flat fire last year.