- Compare energy suppliers on a price comparison website
- Monthly direct debits, online accounts and dual fuel deals can be cheaper
- Insulate your home's loft and cavity walls
- Handheld energy monitors can estimate how much you're using in real time
- Turn your thermostat down - just 1C could cut your bill by £55 a year
- If you have an old gas boiler replace it with a new condensing model
- Stop heating escaping through gaps in windows and doors
More top news
Some 465 seats are up for grabs in the lower house, which Abe dissolved last month to call a snap election amid rising approval ratings.
Ministers are also looking at schemes such as “lock-in agreements” to reduce the 250,000 sales that fall through annually.
Staff have racked up hundreds of thousands of dollars in fees as Robert Mueller and House and Senate committees probe Moscow’s meddling.