Here are the latest figures from the Health Protection Agency on confirmed cases of norovirus. Confirmed cases only represent a fraction of the actual number, however.
- 337 in the week ending December 9
- 236 in the week ending December 2
- 327 in the week ending November 25
- 3,046 in this season to date
- 61 hospital outbreaks in the two weeks to December 16
As cases of the norovirus soar across the UK, fresh guidance is issued by clinicians on how to treat the symptoms.
The number of confirmed cases of the winter vomiting bug, norovirus, is 72% higher than at this time last year, health experts have said.