Nick Pollard has been speaking at a news conference following the publishing of his damning report into the BBC's handling of the Jimmy Savile investigation. Facing further questions, he told reporters:
- There were "serious problems" all the way through the Jimmy Savile investigation and subsequent crisis.
- He denied the crisis had shown the BBC was ungovernable.
- A "breakdown in communication" stopped Peter Rippon's blog being corrected swiftly, which went all the way to the director general.
- There exists no proof that Newsnight producer Meirion Jones leaked stories about the Savile story, despite staff at the BBC claiming he did. Mr Jones vehemently denies it.
- Trust of BBC journalism remains "very high" despite the crisis and "any fall is temporary".