Nick Pollard has been speaking at a news conference following the publishing of his damning report into the BBC's handling of the Jimmy Savile investigation. Facing further questions, he told reporters:
- There were "serious problems" all the way through the Jimmy Savile investigation and subsequent crisis.
- He denied the crisis had shown the BBC was ungovernable.
- A "breakdown in communication" stopped Peter Rippon's blog being corrected swiftly, which went all the way to the director general.
- There exists no proof that Newsnight producer Meirion Jones leaked stories about the Savile story, despite staff at the BBC claiming he did. Mr Jones vehemently denies it.
- Trust of BBC journalism remains "very high" despite the crisis and "any fall is temporary".
The decision to drop the BBC Newsnight investigation into the Jimmy Savile sexual abuse claim was "flawed", according to a review.
A damning report into the BBC's Jimmy Savile investigation has revealed George Entwistle was previously warned about his "darker side".