- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
Plenty of sunshine throughout the day tomorrow although showers will continue to affect the eastern areas.
Few can truly claim to be ‘the voice’ of a sport but Alastair Stewart says few could argue O’Sullevan was not that ‘voice’ for horse racing.
Tributes have been paid to the 'voice of racing' Sir Peter O'Sullevan, following his death aged 97.