- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
Remaining cold for most this weekend with the risk of ice overnight
Last-minute Christmas shoppers have also been warned to watch out for icy pavements as the cold snap continues.
A chip shop in Cullompton has created a special Christmas Dinner - completely deep fried in batter. But how does it taste?