- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
Leaders Live: UK needs to treat drug misuse as a health issue and not a criminal one, leader of the Green Party Natalie Bennett has said.
In a disappearing act worthy of the Disney nanny, the woman credited with saving Thomas Cook has stunned investors by suddenly walking out.
The remains of six 'vampires' in Poland are likely to have held cholera victims who fell under suspicion after succumbing to the disease.