- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
The number of attacks on binmen has doubled as homeowners vent their frustration about complicated recycling rules.
This is the moment a police officer pulled a man off of train tracks just moments before a train roared into the station.
Heart disease is better treated with a Mediterranean-style diet than cholesterol-lowering drugs, it has been claimed.