- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
Ed Miliband is demanding the Conservatives must "come clean" over their plans for the NHS amid claims of greater privatisation
Thousands of Ethiopian Jews have taken to the streets of Tel Aviv to protest against racism and police brutality
Temperatures will be on the warm side tomorrow as much of the country looks forward to a fine bright start to the day.