- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
China's wild Panda population grew by 268 or 16.8% between 2003 and 2013 according to a nationwide survey on the highly endangered mammal.
Approaching Atlantic frontal systems will give a wet and windy night right across the UK with some heavy bursts of rain for everyone.
Police said 375 people attended a rally in Newcastle by the anti-Islam group Pegida, while 2000 people joined a counter-demonstration.