- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
British firms predict the economy should sustain a "solid" pace of growth for the rest of the year thanks to lower oil prices and inflation.
A charity has warned of a "pressure cooker environment" in schools putting children's mental health and self-esteem in danger.
The twin brother of the police officer shot and blinded by gunman Raoul Moat says his family are still waiting for justice five years later.