- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
The prime minister should stay in his post even in the case of a Brexit, Michael Howard has said.
Liam Fee suffered prolonged abuse for much of his short life before he was murdered by the two people he relied on for love and protection.
A former model has been jailed for 15 years after she was found guilty of murdering her millionaire ex-lover in his luxury Spanish home.