- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
Diane Abbott dismissed the idea of the Labour leader standing down even if the party loses both seats in the upcoming by-elections.
Levels of safety are not high enough in prisons, meaning that reform of inmates cannot take place, Prisons Minister Sam Gyimah has said.
The Government's Prevent campaign is "simply not trusted" by many British Muslims, the Independent Reviewer of Terrorism Legislation said.