- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
Slippery customer was caught out by staff at the pet shop in Florida who confiscated the stolen trouser snake and called in police.
Death rates at UK hospitals are higher at weekends - compared to week days - because patients tend to be more unwell, a new study has shown.
The government has confirmed the new £200 million ship will be named in honour of David Attenborough, not "Boaty McBoatface.'