- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
Nearly £2,000 on beeswax candles and many thousands of pounds on lunches with foreign dignitaries: the Commons Speakers' expenses laid out.
Kenya's world class athletes have told ITV News of their mixed hopes on the country's ability to save the nation's reputation before Rio.
A man who disappeared more than 30 years ago has solved his own missing persons case - after remembering who he is.