- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
A giant panda has been caught in camera breaking iron bars and moving into the other cell to have a taste of milk in the next cell.
City traders are paying up to £200 to cure their hangovers with a vitamin drip, according to a doctor from Surrey.
Serena Williams won her sixth Australian Open title with a hard fought 6-3, 7-6 (7-5) victory over Maria Sharapova in Melbourne