- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
The PM faces a countdown to settle a deal before her minority government tries to get its Queen's Speech plans approved by the Commons.
More details will come today on proposals to offer EU residents the right to a new "settled status" in Britain after it leaves the bloc.
Scotland and Northern Ireland could see rain later but for the rest of the UK it should be a fine day.