- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
Bodies are being buried in backyards and overwhelming morgues as officials try to find another plot of land to lay them to rest.
Authorities have warned that the death toll is likely to rise as much of the building is yet to be searched.
The PM will sound out the possibility of new free trade agreements with Gulf states for once the UK has left the EU.