- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
ITV News travels to Britain's eastern-most city to gauge how the electorate will be casting its votes.
Carefully choreographed campaigns can become unstuck because voters have the power to peel back a politician's veneer.
Sherpas have been biologically wired over thousands of years to give them exceptional mountaineering skills, research shows.