- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
There is strong evidence that excessive weight causes at least 12 cancers.
Drinking cannot be justified for other reasons, according to the authors of a new blueprint to beat the disease.
The numbers don't look good at what is the largest puffin colony in England - the Farne Islands.