- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
The boss of DreamWorks has hinted that a fifth Shrek movie is in the pipeline saying there is "more to come" from the franchise.
Joshua Dobby admitted causing the deaths of child actor and his aunt following police chase in Penge, London, but denied manslaughter.
Official figures showed that services output expanded by 0.4% in the first month after Britain voted to leave the European Union.