- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
Sir Philip Green said he is "sad and sorry for all the BHS people caught up in this horrid story".
This evening it'll become largely dry across the UK as the showers in the west gradually die down.
In the run-up to the Rio Olympics, ITV News has spoken to four Team GB athletes who are aiming for gold. Today we speak to Laura Trott.