- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
Clear and cooler conditions to the south and east with lows into single figures.
Police have arrested three teenagers and a man following the shooting of a three-year-old girl with an air gun.
Police have released new images of the site of the fatal crash near Shoreham Airshow in which at least 11 people died.