- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
Music producer Naughty Boy has apparently released ex-One Direction star Zayn Malik's first solo track.
A Malaysian court has found a man guilty of murdering two British medical students in Borneo.
A Liberal Democrat parliamentary candidate has said he deliberately caught HIV after years battling depression.