- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
White House press secretary Sean Spicer appears to be enraged that the press told the truth about the size of the Trump inauguration crowd.
White House press secretary Sean Spicer said the inauguration crowd had been 'the largest audience to ever witness an inauguration, period'.
Chapecoense football team is playing its first game after losing almost the entire team in a plane crash last year.