- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
Benedict Cumberbatch heads up a group of all-star actors who have shot short films in defence of the Act.
A modified version of the herpes virus has proved a major success in phase III clinical trials.
The WWF reports that these new species were all found in 2014 - but that human development is already threatening many of them.