- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
A report published by the Boundary Commission for England details plans to reduce the number of MPs by scrapping 50 constituencies.
The slump will spark scrutiny, especially as statistics show a rise in racially or religiously motivated offences following the EU vote.
The 53-year-old was killed shortly after leaving her home in Mosta, Prime Minister Joseph Muscat said.