- Production started at Nissan Sunderland Plant in September 1986.
- Total investment made and announced since then is over £3.5bn and total plant volume stands at more than 6.9 million units.
- 80 per cent of production is exported to 97 international markets.
- Its current model line-up is Qashqai, Qashqai+2, Juke and Note.
- Forthcoming production at the plant includes the 100% electric Nissan LEAF, the new Nissan Note and the next-generation Nissan Qashqai.
More top news
Southern areas windy and very mild.
Nobel-prize-winning schoolgirl Malala Yousafzai has said she is a proud Brummie, as a new portrait of her was unveiled in her adopted home.
The Filipino girl group lost out to Lauren Murray in the sing off after receiving the lowest number of votes.