A catalogue of failings uncovered by the mass legal action is one of the worst ever exposed at an NHS hospital, The Sunday Telegraph reported. It included:
- A former nurse whose son said she died after being left unwashed for 11 weeks.
- A 35-year-old father-of-four whose family told how he wasted away.
- A pensioner who was left screaming in pain when his ribs were broken.
- A man who could not feed himself.
- A great-grandmother left permanently unable to walk.
The hospital has paid out £410,000 in 38 separate cases, with the largest settlement at £22,500.
Most are of about £10,000 for each family for the appalling conditions endured by patients from 2002 to November 2011.
More top news
Police e-fit software been used to create the faces of the most beautiful man and woman in the world.
A new law which allows councils to ban activities in public spaces is leading to "bizarre new criminal offences", campaigners claim.
The Serious Fraud Office has been fined £180k after confidential documents from a high-profile investigation were sent to the wrong person.