A catalogue of failings uncovered by the mass legal action is one of the worst ever exposed at an NHS hospital, The Sunday Telegraph reported. It included:
- A former nurse whose son said she died after being left unwashed for 11 weeks.
- A 35-year-old father-of-four whose family told how he wasted away.
- A pensioner who was left screaming in pain when his ribs were broken.
- A man who could not feed himself.
- A great-grandmother left permanently unable to walk.
The hospital has paid out £410,000 in 38 separate cases, with the largest settlement at £22,500.
Most are of about £10,000 for each family for the appalling conditions endured by patients from 2002 to November 2011.
More top news
Hull City midfielder Ryan Mason has been able to speak of the incident during the Chelsea match which saw him taken to hospital.
As Milton Keynes celebrates 50 years since it became one of Britain's new towns in 1967, here are some facts you may not have known.
Theresa May was briefed on the Trident missile test which reportedly went wrong in June, it emerged this morning.