A catalogue of failings uncovered by the mass legal action is one of the worst ever exposed at an NHS hospital, The Sunday Telegraph reported. It included:
- A former nurse whose son said she died after being left unwashed for 11 weeks.
- A 35-year-old father-of-four whose family told how he wasted away.
- A pensioner who was left screaming in pain when his ribs were broken.
- A man who could not feed himself.
- A great-grandmother left permanently unable to walk.
The hospital has paid out £410,000 in 38 separate cases, with the largest settlement at £22,500.
Most are of about £10,000 for each family for the appalling conditions endured by patients from 2002 to November 2011.
More top news
Officials also looking at whether doctor was with the pop star on a plane that made an emergency landing less than a week before he died.
British cyclist Simon Yates has failed drug test but his team are blaming an "administrative error" over an asthma inhaler.
Two ambulances crashed leaving one driver dead and three people seriously injured.