A catalogue of failings uncovered by the mass legal action is one of the worst ever exposed at an NHS hospital, The Sunday Telegraph reported. It included:
- A former nurse whose son said she died after being left unwashed for 11 weeks.
- A 35-year-old father-of-four whose family told how he wasted away.
- A pensioner who was left screaming in pain when his ribs were broken.
- A man who could not feed himself.
- A great-grandmother left permanently unable to walk.
The hospital has paid out £410,000 in 38 separate cases, with the largest settlement at £22,500.
Most are of about £10,000 for each family for the appalling conditions endured by patients from 2002 to November 2011.
More top news
The 1D star will go ahead with his scheduled performance as per the wishes of his late mother, Johannah Deakin, who passed away on Friday.
Michael Gove admitted he made "mistakes" in his bid for the Tory Party leadership, and Theresa May was right to drop him from her cabinet.
Four people have been killed and at least 12 injured after a cargo train carrying propane-butane derailed and exploded in Bulgaria.