An NHS hospital trust at the centre of reports on patient neglect has said in a statement that it accepted "care fell below the requisite standard" but added "significant" improvements had been made to levels of patient care.
Legal action has been taken against Worcestershire Acute Hospital Trust after claims that patients were left starving, dehydrated and left to wallow in their own excrement. The incidents are thought to have taken place between 2002 and 2011. In a statement today, it said:
The trust accepts that the care afforded to some patients, some years ago - between 2002 and 2009 - fell below the requisite standard and has apologised for the shortcomings.
More top news
Since October 9 three people have been murdered within a one-mile radius in the same Tampa neighbourhood.
The financial watchdog has told the rent-to-own company to compensate 249,000 customers.
The ruling Communist Party has formally elevated President Xi Jinping's status for the leader to tighten his grip over the country.