First Great Western is advising passengers not to attempt to travel West of Tiverton in either direction, as wet weather continues to disrupt rail services across the UK. Flooding and landslips continue to affect the following areas:
- Trains continue to be unable to operate between Tiverton Parkway Station and Exeter St Davids.
- The line between Exeter St Davids and Tiverton is expected to remain closed until at least 28th December.
- Services between Par and Newquay are also suspended in both directions with very limited road transport available. The line will not reopen today.
- Services between Exeter St Davids and Barnstaple are suspended in both directions, with very limited road transport available.
- Services between Liskeard and Looe are suspended in both directions with limited road transport operating between Liskead and Looe only.
- Services between Swindon and Bristol Parkway are suspended in both directions.
More top news
Murray's hopes of a first Australian Open title blew up in smoke as the world number one tumbled out in the fourth round to Mischa Zverev
The Pope has warned against a rise in populism and the danger of 'seeking a saviour in times of crisis'.
Gulf War veteran Paul Briggs' widow, Lindsey, 40, launched legal action to have his life support withdrawn so he could "die with dignity".