First Great Western is advising passengers not to attempt to travel West of Tiverton in either direction, as wet weather continues to disrupt rail services across the UK. Flooding and landslips continue to affect the following areas:
- Trains continue to be unable to operate between Tiverton Parkway Station and Exeter St Davids.
- The line between Exeter St Davids and Tiverton is expected to remain closed until at least 28th December.
- Services between Par and Newquay are also suspended in both directions with very limited road transport available. The line will not reopen today.
- Services between Exeter St Davids and Barnstaple are suspended in both directions, with very limited road transport available.
- Services between Liskeard and Looe are suspended in both directions with limited road transport operating between Liskead and Looe only.
- Services between Swindon and Bristol Parkway are suspended in both directions.
More top news
John Cleese famously based his hit sitcom on the Gleneagles Hotel in Torquay after staying there with the Monty Python gang in 1973.
Lady Colin Campbell's son has said she will not quit the jungle after her latest clash with Brian Friedman, as she is "not the losing type".
Stewart Greene killed nine-year-old Alex Robinson, who had a fear of water, after being left alone with him for less than an hour.