There are still a number of routes affected by flooding this morning - according to National Rail:
- CrossCountry, East Midlands Trains, First Great Western and First TransPennine Express are all experiencing major delays
- No trains running between Bristol Parkway and Swindon because of flooding, services between Paddington and Swansea will be diverted, with journey times extended up to 45 minutes
- Trains will not run between Exeter St Davids and Tiverton Parkway until Friday at the earliest, with replacement buses and diverted routes offering passengers some alternatives
- London Midland is also facing disruption on most of its routes today - this time because of a shortage of train crew
- Flooding near Long Eaton means services between Derby and Nottingham are suspended
- A landslip is affecting journeys between Liverpool and Manchester
More top news
A Para who won the Victoria Cross gave up his military history studies just weeks into the course as he wanted to be a part of it instead.
Approaching Atlantic frontal systems will give a wet and windy night right across the UK.
Star Trek's Captain Kirk said he will not be able to say a final goodbye to Mr Spock because of a charity commitment in Florida.