There are still a number of routes affected by flooding this morning - according to National Rail:
- CrossCountry, East Midlands Trains, First Great Western and First TransPennine Express are all experiencing major delays
- No trains running between Bristol Parkway and Swindon because of flooding, services between Paddington and Swansea will be diverted, with journey times extended up to 45 minutes
- Trains will not run between Exeter St Davids and Tiverton Parkway until Friday at the earliest, with replacement buses and diverted routes offering passengers some alternatives
- London Midland is also facing disruption on most of its routes today - this time because of a shortage of train crew
- Flooding near Long Eaton means services between Derby and Nottingham are suspended
- A landslip is affecting journeys between Liverpool and Manchester
More top news
The woman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, deliberately dropped her infant son causing him to hit his head on the ground.
One of four men accused of plotting to use a moped in a series of drive-by shootings in London has changed his plea at the Old Bailey.
The North Yorkshire town was divided since the historic bridge was damaged by floods at Christmas.