Egypt announced on Tuesday voters had overwhelmingly approved a controversial new constitution:
- Drafted by Islamist allies of President Mohamed Mursi
- Gives the President extra powers
- Mursi's leftist, liberal, secularist and Christian opponents took to streets to block move
- Opponents argue it would dangerously mix politics and religion
- President says new constitution offers protection for minorities, and will end political uncertainty that has wrecked economy.
- The 'yes' vote paves the way for a parliamentary election in about two months
- Cairo appeared calm after today's announcement and opposition groups have announced no plans for fresh demonstrations
More top news
More than 70 firefighters were called to the blaze in the early hours of Friday morning.
UK consumers are willing to pay for more environmentally friendly packaging, but many remain confused as to which items can be recycled.
It looks like another very warm day, with a maximum temperature close to 27 Celsius (81F).