- A total of 1,223 people were recommended to the Queen for an award
- 1,068 at the level of MBE, OBE and BEM - the British Empire Medal, which was reintroduced after 20 years in 2012 to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
- Women make up 47% of the total list, which includes 13 dames.
- Awards for sport make up 10% of the total honours
- A special London 2012 and Paralympic Games list was created to recognise the nation's sportsmen and women.
More top news
The study reveals cases of slave driving and human trafficking suffering delays, being prematurely shelved or being overlooked entirely.
David Clarke was arrested after a four-hour standoff in which two members of staff were taken hostage. Both escaped unharmed.
New York's attorney general launched the civil rights investigation after dozens of women accused Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment.