- A total of 1,223 people were recommended to the Queen for an award
- 1,068 at the level of MBE, OBE and BEM - the British Empire Medal, which was reintroduced after 20 years in 2012 to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
- Women make up 47% of the total list, which includes 13 dames.
- Awards for sport make up 10% of the total honours
- A special London 2012 and Paralympic Games list was created to recognise the nation's sportsmen and women.
More top news
If Number 10 announces it plans to hold a vote on airstrikes in Syria, the planners in the MoD might as well get to work straight away.
Britain should not "sub-contract its security to other countries" while terrorists plan attacks from Syria, David Cameron will warn MPs.
The number of children dying from cancer in the UK each year is falling, according to new figures from a major charity.