- A total of 1,223 people were recommended to the Queen for an award
- 1,068 at the level of MBE, OBE and BEM - the British Empire Medal, which was reintroduced after 20 years in 2012 to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
- Women make up 47% of the total list, which includes 13 dames.
- Awards for sport make up 10% of the total honours
- A special London 2012 and Paralympic Games list was created to recognise the nation's sportsmen and women.
More top news
The President's announcement on climate change is yet another attempt at securing an elusive climate change legacy.
Two cranes have collapsed during a bridge building operation onto housing in Holland, seriously injuring at least 20 people, reports say.
About 130,000 litres of fake vodka have been seized from an illegal booze factory, the tax office said.