- A total of 1,223 people were recommended to the Queen for an award
- 1,068 at the level of MBE, OBE and BEM - the British Empire Medal, which was reintroduced after 20 years in 2012 to mark the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
- Women make up 47% of the total list, which includes 13 dames.
- Awards for sport make up 10% of the total honours
- A special London 2012 and Paralympic Games list was created to recognise the nation's sportsmen and women.
More top news
The prime minister said "tough new rules" will be introduced to tackle the behaviour of executives who put their workers' pensions at risk.
The musician, whose career spanned six decades and included 18 years with The Kinks, died on Saturday after a fall.
A group of soldiers has broken an Antarctica record by becoming the first all-female team to cross the continent using only muscle power.