A selection of the largest annual season ticket rail fare rises across the UK:
- An annual ticket to travel from Tonbridge to London is rising 5.9% to £3,796.
- Eastbourne to London Victoria is up 4.1% to £4,228.
- Kettering to London is rising 4.7% to £6,220.
- Ludlow to Hereford is up 5.3% to £1,992.
- Peterbrough to London is up 4.2% to £6,888.
- Cambridge to London is rising 3.8% to £4,400.
- Gloucester to Birmingham is up 4.1% to £3,640.
- Llanelli to Swansea is rising 5.4% to £624.
- North Berwick to Edinburgh has risen to £1,604, a rise of 3.9%.
- Stirling to Glasgow is up 3.9% to £1,916.
More top news
John Cleese famously based his hit sitcom on the Gleneagles Hotel in Torquay after staying there with the Monty Python gang in 1973.
Lady Colin Campbell's son has said she will not quit the jungle after her latest clash with Brian Friedman, as she is "not the losing type".
Stewart Greene killed nine-year-old Alex Robinson, who had a fear of water, after being left alone with him for less than an hour.