A selection of the largest annual season ticket rail fare rises across the UK:
- An annual ticket to travel from Tonbridge to London is rising 5.9% to £3,796.
- Eastbourne to London Victoria is up 4.1% to £4,228.
- Kettering to London is rising 4.7% to £6,220.
- Ludlow to Hereford is up 5.3% to £1,992.
- Peterbrough to London is up 4.2% to £6,888.
- Cambridge to London is rising 3.8% to £4,400.
- Gloucester to Birmingham is up 4.1% to £3,640.
- Llanelli to Swansea is rising 5.4% to £624.
- North Berwick to Edinburgh has risen to £1,604, a rise of 3.9%.
- Stirling to Glasgow is up 3.9% to £1,916.
More top news
The UK's highest court has been told that a motion in Parliament does not have any bearing on the legal issue it is having to decide.
Partick Thistle disclosed that a former physiotherapist at the club was accused of child sex abuse in 1992, after which he was dismissed.
There are calls for major changes in how car fires are investigated with experts warning of gaps in the system.