A selection of the largest annual season ticket rail fare rises across the UK:
- An annual ticket to travel from Tonbridge to London is rising 5.9% to £3,796.
- Eastbourne to London Victoria is up 4.1% to £4,228.
- Kettering to London is rising 4.7% to £6,220.
- Ludlow to Hereford is up 5.3% to £1,992.
- Peterbrough to London is up 4.2% to £6,888.
- Cambridge to London is rising 3.8% to £4,400.
- Gloucester to Birmingham is up 4.1% to £3,640.
- Llanelli to Swansea is rising 5.4% to £624.
- North Berwick to Edinburgh has risen to £1,604, a rise of 3.9%.
- Stirling to Glasgow is up 3.9% to £1,916.
More top news
MI5 has reportedly launched two urgent inquiries into how it missed the danger posed by the Manchester bomber, Salman Abedi.
Helicopters are searching for survivors who may be marooned after a weekend of heavy rain.
Thousands of people attended a protest on Copacabana Beach to demand presidential elections as pressure mounts on Brazil's leader to resign.