A selection of the largest annual season ticket rail fare rises across the UK:
- An annual ticket to travel from Tonbridge to London is rising 5.9% to £3,796.
- Eastbourne to London Victoria is up 4.1% to £4,228.
- Kettering to London is rising 4.7% to £6,220.
- Ludlow to Hereford is up 5.3% to £1,992.
- Peterbrough to London is up 4.2% to £6,888.
- Cambridge to London is rising 3.8% to £4,400.
- Gloucester to Birmingham is up 4.1% to £3,640.
- Llanelli to Swansea is rising 5.4% to £624.
- North Berwick to Edinburgh has risen to £1,604, a rise of 3.9%.
- Stirling to Glasgow is up 3.9% to £1,916.
More top news
The Prime Minster is attending the World Economic Forum at the Swiss ski resort in a bid to "engage with a wide range of business leaders".
Adverts featuring blind footballers kicking a cat and a twerking businessman were among the most complained-about commercials of 2016.
No energy supplier scored highly enough to be awarded the Which? recommended provider status.