A selection of the largest annual season ticket rail fare rises across the UK:
- An annual ticket to travel from Tonbridge to London is rising 5.9% to £3,796.
- Eastbourne to London Victoria is up 4.1% to £4,228.
- Kettering to London is rising 4.7% to £6,220.
- Ludlow to Hereford is up 5.3% to £1,992.
- Peterbrough to London is up 4.2% to £6,888.
- Cambridge to London is rising 3.8% to £4,400.
- Gloucester to Birmingham is up 4.1% to £3,640.
- Llanelli to Swansea is rising 5.4% to £624.
- North Berwick to Edinburgh has risen to £1,604, a rise of 3.9%.
- Stirling to Glasgow is up 3.9% to £1,916.
More top news
Spurs say they are supporting troubled former star Paul Gascoigne after it was reported he had been placed on an emergency three-day detox.
A British jihadi from Portsmouth has been killed fighting in the Syrian Kurdish town of Kobani, currently besieged by Islamic State.
Russell Brand has criticised Newsnight presenter Evan Davis as "insidious" and "rude" following vilification of the star's recent appearance