A selection of the largest annual season ticket rail fare rises across the UK:
- An annual ticket to travel from Tonbridge to London is rising 5.9% to £3,796.
- Eastbourne to London Victoria is up 4.1% to £4,228.
- Kettering to London is rising 4.7% to £6,220.
- Ludlow to Hereford is up 5.3% to £1,992.
- Peterbrough to London is up 4.2% to £6,888.
- Cambridge to London is rising 3.8% to £4,400.
- Gloucester to Birmingham is up 4.1% to £3,640.
- Llanelli to Swansea is rising 5.4% to £624.
- North Berwick to Edinburgh has risen to £1,604, a rise of 3.9%.
- Stirling to Glasgow is up 3.9% to £1,916.
More top news
All eyes are on the stars as they arrive on the red carpet for the 89th Oscars. But who won in the fashion stakes?
Tributes have been paid to the Labour MP for Manchester Gorton and Father of The House of Commons who has died aged 86.
A very unsettled start to the new week with heavy, thundery, occasionally wintry showers spreading in from the west throughout the day.