A selection of the largest annual season ticket rail fare rises across the UK:
- An annual ticket to travel from Tonbridge to London is rising 5.9% to £3,796.
- Eastbourne to London Victoria is up 4.1% to £4,228.
- Kettering to London is rising 4.7% to £6,220.
- Ludlow to Hereford is up 5.3% to £1,992.
- Peterbrough to London is up 4.2% to £6,888.
- Cambridge to London is rising 3.8% to £4,400.
- Gloucester to Birmingham is up 4.1% to £3,640.
- Llanelli to Swansea is rising 5.4% to £624.
- North Berwick to Edinburgh has risen to £1,604, a rise of 3.9%.
- Stirling to Glasgow is up 3.9% to £1,916.
More top news
Star Wars actor John Boyega, Luther star Idris Elba and rapper Ice Cube are among 683 people who have been invited to join.
A gun shop in Chicargo is raffling off an AR-15 rifle to raise funds for victims of the Orlando nightclub massacre.
The partner of one of the 11 people killed in the Shoreham air crash said airshows have caused too many fatalities.