A selection of the largest annual season ticket rail fare rises across the UK:
- An annual ticket to travel from Tonbridge to London is rising 5.9% to £3,796.
- Eastbourne to London Victoria is up 4.1% to £4,228.
- Kettering to London is rising 4.7% to £6,220.
- Ludlow to Hereford is up 5.3% to £1,992.
- Peterbrough to London is up 4.2% to £6,888.
- Cambridge to London is rising 3.8% to £4,400.
- Gloucester to Birmingham is up 4.1% to £3,640.
- Llanelli to Swansea is rising 5.4% to £624.
- North Berwick to Edinburgh has risen to £1,604, a rise of 3.9%.
- Stirling to Glasgow is up 3.9% to £1,916.
More top news
Some showers in the north will be enough to produce hail and thunder but it should be a drier and brighter day in the south and east.
Leonie Granger deliberately targeted Mehmet Hassan, who was robbed and kicked to death by two men she let into his flat.
Pop and soul singer Sam Smith has cancelled the rest of his Australian tour after doctors discovered a haemorrhage on his vocal cords.