Mark Cahill had the operation on the 27 December and doctors have said he is making "good progress".
- Leeds Teaching Hospitals announced in late 2011 that it was starting to look for potential candidates for hand or arm transplants.
- The UK team has been working closely with colleagues in Lyon, France, where hand transplants were pioneered in 1998.
- A new technique meant Mr Cahill could have his non-functioning right hand removed in operation where a donor hand was also transplanted.
- The first-ever recipient in France was New Zealander Clint Hallam, who later had his new hand removed as he felt "mentally detached" from it.
- Doctors in the United States, Austria and France have carried out a number of successful hand transplants.
More top news
Today's top temperature will be 8 Celsius (46 F).
"Jessica passed away from serious injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident on 26 December, 2017," a spokeswoman said:
Which? made just one energy company a "recommended provider" this year - the small supplier Octopus Energy.