Cats are being treated by vets as firefighters continue to battle a blaze at a cattery.
Staffordshire Fire and Rescue Service said two cats were taken away by vets after a fire broke out in one of the site's buildings in Cannock, Staffordshire, at about 5.30am today.
The fire brigade has six crews on the scene including a water carrier and a high volume pumping unit. The fire is ongoing.
More top news
A headteacher has reportedly warned "snowplough" parents are so over-protective that their children end up unable to deal with failure.
The largest horse chestnut tree in the country declared as the 300-year-old specimen at the estate where PM Benjamin Disraeli once lived.
The fanfare and fireworks at Tattersalls in Newmarket on Friday failed to materialise as three Frankel foals met with differing fortunes