This year marks twenty years since the death of Stephen Lawrence, who was stabbed to death at a bus stop in London on April 22 1993.
His mother Doreen Lawrence is today announcing a series of events to celebrate her son's life.
The events of the SL20 Campaign will include:
- 26th February: Criminal Justice Lecture, held at Freshfields and delivered by Michael Mansfield QC
- April: A Major Concert, with big name stars to headline
- 22nd April: Memorial Service, held at St Martins-in-the-Fields and is a service to be held in honour of Stephens’s memory
- 17th September: Memorial Lecture, held at RIBA and delivered by Daniel Libeskind – architect of Ground Zero
- October: The Legacy Ball, held at the Dorchester with an exciting line up, this will be a fabulous evening
- There will also be a number of celebrity dinners throughout the year, hosted by celebrities like Ed Miliband, Hugh Quarshie and Jon Snow
More top news
Showers blowing in from the West across Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland. Largely dry with a few bright spells across central areas.
A man is facing jail for killing his toddler son by force-feeding until he "drowned in his food"
The quartet are to work on a 'ground-breaking' project with former Spice Girls manager Simon Fuller.