This year marks twenty years since the death of Stephen Lawrence, who was stabbed to death at a bus stop in London on April 22 1993.
His mother Doreen Lawrence is today announcing a series of events to celebrate her son's life.
The events of the SL20 Campaign will include:
- 26th February: Criminal Justice Lecture, held at Freshfields and delivered by Michael Mansfield QC
- April: A Major Concert, with big name stars to headline
- 22nd April: Memorial Service, held at St Martins-in-the-Fields and is a service to be held in honour of Stephens’s memory
- 17th September: Memorial Lecture, held at RIBA and delivered by Daniel Libeskind – architect of Ground Zero
- October: The Legacy Ball, held at the Dorchester with an exciting line up, this will be a fabulous evening
- There will also be a number of celebrity dinners throughout the year, hosted by celebrities like Ed Miliband, Hugh Quarshie and Jon Snow
More top news
Two passenger trains have derailed while crossing a bridge in India, leaving at least 20 people dead and injuring hundreds more.
Actor Pierce Brosnan was stopped by airport security after trying to board a plane with a knife.
Children are risking their lives by playing "chicken" on motorways during the school summer holidays, police say.