Modern fridges and freezers are the most dangerous household appliance in a blaze, a fire service said as it called for tougher safety standards.
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) said fridges and freezers were of particular concern because they contain large amounts of plastic and highly flammable insulation, which can cause large fires that spread quickly with highly toxic gases.
The LFB's report into blazes started by electricity or in electrical appliances follows a fire in Neasden, north London, last year that began behind a chest freezer and resulted in the deaths of six people.
More top news
Brad Treat, 38, was killed on a trail in the Halfmoon Lakes area of the Flathead National Forest, just outside Glacier National Park.
Appeal judges are to decide on Thursday whether a woman can use the frozen eggs of her dead daughter to give birth to her grandchild.
The £70 million F-35B jet arrived at RAF Fairford in Gloucestershire, two years after engine trouble postponed its first scheduled visit.