- April 1993: Stephen Lawrence was stabbed to death at a bus stop in Eltham, South-East London
- September 1994: Stephen's parents launch a private prosecution against Gary Dobson, Neil Acourt and Luke Knight, all three deny charges
- April 1996: Private prosecution collapses after a judge rules identification evidence by Duwayne Brooks was unreliable. The three are acquitted
- February 1999: The murder and police investigation become the subject of a wide ranging inquiry into policing - The Macpherson Report
- October 2007: The IPCC finds no evidence of corruption
- May 2011: The Court of Appeal agrees Dobson's 1996 acquittal can be quashed in the face of new forensic evidence
- November 2011: The trial of Dobson and Norris begins
- January 2012: Both are found guilty of Stephen Lawrence's murder
More top news
Peter Pickering - who became known as the Beast of Wombwell - has been found guilty of abducting and raping a woman forty-six years ago.
Minibuses and removal vans have been at the Russian embassy in London as 23 expelled diplomats prepare to leave the UK.
This is now the fifth explosion in Texas in less than three weeks – four of which have taken place in the state capital, Austin.