- Police entered a residence in Aurora, Colorado, after several hours of failed negotiations with the gunman, who had barricaded himself inside.
- The gunman fired shots at police from a second-storey window before he was killed as SWAT officers stormed the building. It is not yet known if officers shot the suspect or if he shot himself.
- Inside the building officers found three other people shot dead.
- One person inside had escaped and alerted authorities.
- Officials notified neighbours of an emergency around 3:00am local time (10:00am GMT) and evacuated several blocks, Aurora police spokeswoman Cassidee Carlson told KUSA-TV.
The fatal shootings in Aurora come six months after a man shot dead 12 people and wounded 58 more at a cinema in the city.
More top news
Eight of the top 20 airports increased their charges in 2017, while five airports raised fees for dropping off passengers.
Felipe’s intervention, the second during the constitutional crisis, came as Madrid plans to impose direct rule on Catalonia.
"There have been many, many confidential settlements and that's the reason you don't hear more about this," said Gloria Allred.