- Moira Anderson, 11, vanished in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire, in February 1957
- Bus driver and convicted paedophile Alexander Gartshore, who died in 2006, has been linked to her disappearance
- Moira's family think she could have been killed and buried in Old Monkland Cemetery in the plot of Sinclair Upton, acquaintance to Gartshore
- Moira's body was never found, Scotland's Lord Advocate, Frank Mulholland, ordered cold case detectives to reopen the case as a murder investigation last year
- Last month Sheriff Frank Pieri granted a request to open the grave
- The process is expected to last several days
More top news
An officer who was stabbed in the eye as tried to stop the London Bridge attackers with his baton has spoken publicly for the first time.
Low pressure will keep the weather unsettled overnight and tomorrow with rain pushing continuing to push northwards.
Six-month-old Leena Belkadi and her sister Malak Belkadi, aged eight, both died from inhalation of fire fumes, an inquest has heard.