- Moira Anderson, 11, vanished in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire, in February 1957
- Bus driver and convicted paedophile Alexander Gartshore, who died in 2006, has been linked to her disappearance
- Moira's family think she could have been killed and buried in Old Monkland Cemetery in the plot of Sinclair Upton, acquaintance to Gartshore
- Moira's body was never found, Scotland's Lord Advocate, Frank Mulholland, ordered cold case detectives to reopen the case as a murder investigation last year
- Last month Sheriff Frank Pieri granted a request to open the grave
- The process is expected to last several days
More top news
There will be a mixture of bright spells and scattered - possibly thundery - showers today.
As the election campaign draws to an end, the Liberal Democrat leader says that voters face “the biggest political decision" of their lives.
A strange fish has alarmed holiday makers in Magaluf this week, with many believing that a Great White Shark is prowling the warm waters.