- Moira Anderson, 11, vanished in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire, in February 1957
- Bus driver and convicted paedophile Alexander Gartshore, who died in 2006, has been linked to her disappearance
- Moira's family think she could have been killed and buried in Old Monkland Cemetery in the plot of Sinclair Upton, acquaintance to Gartshore
- Moira's body was never found, Scotland's Lord Advocate, Frank Mulholland, ordered cold case detectives to reopen the case as a murder investigation last year
- Last month Sheriff Frank Pieri granted a request to open the grave
- The process is expected to last several days
More top news
Thousands of troops will be sent out to protect key sites and events after the Manchester attack. Here's everything you need to know.
Five people have died on the M6 in Staffordshire after a crash involving a lorry and a car.
The company posted a 63.5% plunge in bottom line pre-tax profits to £176.4 million on a comparable 52-week basis.