- Moira Anderson, 11, vanished in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire, in February 1957
- Bus driver and convicted paedophile Alexander Gartshore, who died in 2006, has been linked to her disappearance
- Moira's family think she could have been killed and buried in Old Monkland Cemetery in the plot of Sinclair Upton, acquaintance to Gartshore
- Moira's body was never found, Scotland's Lord Advocate, Frank Mulholland, ordered cold case detectives to reopen the case as a murder investigation last year
- Last month Sheriff Frank Pieri granted a request to open the grave
- The process is expected to last several days
More top news
The Hollywood actor went out of his way to try and reunite the woman with her ID - months after a stranger handed him back his credit card.
DJ Arch Jnr got the final golden buzzer of the season after showcasing his mixing skills.
British skipper named as one of the people on board the yacht Europa when it went missing in the Philippines last week.