- Moira Anderson, 11, vanished in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire, in February 1957
- Bus driver and convicted paedophile Alexander Gartshore, who died in 2006, has been linked to her disappearance
- Moira's family think she could have been killed and buried in Old Monkland Cemetery in the plot of Sinclair Upton, acquaintance to Gartshore
- Moira's body was never found, Scotland's Lord Advocate, Frank Mulholland, ordered cold case detectives to reopen the case as a murder investigation last year
- Last month Sheriff Frank Pieri granted a request to open the grave
- The process is expected to last several days
More top news
Tomorrow will be dry at large with spells of sunshine for most areas.
ITV News has witnessed first-hand the ferocious battle for Mosul travelling with Iraqi special forces as they came under constant attack.
Karena Virginia claims Mr Trump made lewd comments and touched her breast at the US Open in 1998.