- Moira Anderson, 11, vanished in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire, in February 1957
- Bus driver and convicted paedophile Alexander Gartshore, who died in 2006, has been linked to her disappearance
- Moira's family think she could have been killed and buried in Old Monkland Cemetery in the plot of Sinclair Upton, acquaintance to Gartshore
- Moira's body was never found, Scotland's Lord Advocate, Frank Mulholland, ordered cold case detectives to reopen the case as a murder investigation last year
- Last month Sheriff Frank Pieri granted a request to open the grave
- The process is expected to last several days
More top news
By Sunday it should become drier with spells of winter sunshine but temperatures will still remain on the cool side.
There was no White Christmas but here's a look at the best Boxing Day snow scenes.
Actor Dustin Diamond allegedly stabbed a man in a bar in the US after getting into an argument on Christmas Day.