- Moira Anderson, 11, vanished in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire, in February 1957
- Bus driver and convicted paedophile Alexander Gartshore, who died in 2006, has been linked to her disappearance
- Moira's family think she could have been killed and buried in Old Monkland Cemetery in the plot of Sinclair Upton, acquaintance to Gartshore
- Moira's body was never found, Scotland's Lord Advocate, Frank Mulholland, ordered cold case detectives to reopen the case as a murder investigation last year
- Last month Sheriff Frank Pieri granted a request to open the grave
- The process is expected to last several days
More top news
Conservative and nationalist parties in Austria have agreed a coalition that will make 31-year-old Kurz Europe's youngest leader.
The Which? annual survey saw British Airways languishing near the bottom for passenger satisfaction in both short and long-haul.
The Orkney Islands took second place, followed by Rutland and Wychavon while last year's winner Winchester falls to fifth place.