- Moira Anderson, 11, vanished in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire, in February 1957
- Bus driver and convicted paedophile Alexander Gartshore, who died in 2006, has been linked to her disappearance
- Moira's family think she could have been killed and buried in Old Monkland Cemetery in the plot of Sinclair Upton, acquaintance to Gartshore
- Moira's body was never found, Scotland's Lord Advocate, Frank Mulholland, ordered cold case detectives to reopen the case as a murder investigation last year
- Last month Sheriff Frank Pieri granted a request to open the grave
- The process is expected to last several days
More top news
Thirteen weeks since the power station collapsed and no-one can give the families a clear answer as to when their loved ones will be found.
Cloud and rain set to spread westwards tomorrow bringing a colder feel.
The grey-headed flying foxes have made their home in the coastal town of Batemans Bay, in New South Wales.