- Moira Anderson, 11, vanished in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire, in February 1957
- Bus driver and convicted paedophile Alexander Gartshore, who died in 2006, has been linked to her disappearance
- Moira's family think she could have been killed and buried in Old Monkland Cemetery in the plot of Sinclair Upton, acquaintance to Gartshore
- Moira's body was never found, Scotland's Lord Advocate, Frank Mulholland, ordered cold case detectives to reopen the case as a murder investigation last year
- Last month Sheriff Frank Pieri granted a request to open the grave
- The process is expected to last several days
More top news
Deputy Prime Minister admitted he wanted to hit David Cameron on more than 20 occasions on late-night chat show 'The Last Leg'.
The Prince of Wales' household is so riddled with infighting it is nicknamed Wolf Hall, according to a new unofficial autobiography.
There will be blustery showers across northern parts overnight with showery rain and sleet across the south.