- Moira Anderson, 11, vanished in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire, in February 1957
- Bus driver and convicted paedophile Alexander Gartshore, who died in 2006, has been linked to her disappearance
- Moira's family think she could have been killed and buried in Old Monkland Cemetery in the plot of Sinclair Upton, acquaintance to Gartshore
- Moira's body was never found, Scotland's Lord Advocate, Frank Mulholland, ordered cold case detectives to reopen the case as a murder investigation last year
- Last month Sheriff Frank Pieri granted a request to open the grave
- The process is expected to last several days
More top news
At least 10 people, including two foreigners, have been rescued so far, according to Bangladeshi news reports.
Right-wing think tank warns leaving the UK in order to remain in the EU would turn Scotland into 'Greece without the sun'.
A poll of Britain's largest trade union, seen by ITV News, indicates more than half of those surveyed think the Labour leader should quit.