- Moira Anderson, 11, vanished in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire, in February 1957
- Bus driver and convicted paedophile Alexander Gartshore, who died in 2006, has been linked to her disappearance
- Moira's family think she could have been killed and buried in Old Monkland Cemetery in the plot of Sinclair Upton, acquaintance to Gartshore
- Moira's body was never found, Scotland's Lord Advocate, Frank Mulholland, ordered cold case detectives to reopen the case as a murder investigation last year
- Last month Sheriff Frank Pieri granted a request to open the grave
- The process is expected to last several days
More top news
Sunday will be a fine day across much of Scotland and northern England, with much less coastal mist and low cloud than yesterday.
A spokesperson said the lightning strikes had left the "aircraft fuelling system unavailable."
Nearly 1,000 properties have been left without power, and road users have been warned of potentially hazardous conditions.