- Moira Anderson, 11, vanished in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire, in February 1957
- Bus driver and convicted paedophile Alexander Gartshore, who died in 2006, has been linked to her disappearance
- Moira's family think she could have been killed and buried in Old Monkland Cemetery in the plot of Sinclair Upton, acquaintance to Gartshore
- Moira's body was never found, Scotland's Lord Advocate, Frank Mulholland, ordered cold case detectives to reopen the case as a murder investigation last year
- Last month Sheriff Frank Pieri granted a request to open the grave
- The process is expected to last several days
More top news
The teaser trailer for Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens has premiered online and in US cinemas.
The TOWIE star said she did not get her full fee for leaving the jungle early and will donate it to a charity for starving children.
18,200 people died of the cold last year - a historical low. Energy and elderly campaigners say this figure is far too high.