- Moira Anderson, 11, vanished in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire, in February 1957
- Bus driver and convicted paedophile Alexander Gartshore, who died in 2006, has been linked to her disappearance
- Moira's family think she could have been killed and buried in Old Monkland Cemetery in the plot of Sinclair Upton, acquaintance to Gartshore
- Moira's body was never found, Scotland's Lord Advocate, Frank Mulholland, ordered cold case detectives to reopen the case as a murder investigation last year
- Last month Sheriff Frank Pieri granted a request to open the grave
- The process is expected to last several days
More top news
Mel B's estranged husband will be allowed to visit his young daughter - despite accusations of violence and links to the porn industry.
The singer, 70, has been forced to cancel several shows in the US as he recovers from the illness he contracted whilst abroad.
Newcastle United are back in the Premier League and very few in St James' Park care how they've done it.