- Moira Anderson, 11, vanished in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire, in February 1957
- Bus driver and convicted paedophile Alexander Gartshore, who died in 2006, has been linked to her disappearance
- Moira's family think she could have been killed and buried in Old Monkland Cemetery in the plot of Sinclair Upton, acquaintance to Gartshore
- Moira's body was never found, Scotland's Lord Advocate, Frank Mulholland, ordered cold case detectives to reopen the case as a murder investigation last year
- Last month Sheriff Frank Pieri granted a request to open the grave
- The process is expected to last several days
More top news
Baring your bottom in public could get you two-months behind bars - or six months if you're a repeat offender.
Sacked Coronation Street star Marc Anwar has apologised for his "racist" Twitter comments, calling it a "moment of madness".
The French President says the refugee camp in Calais will be dismantled "completely" and expects Britain to play its part.