- Moira Anderson, 11, vanished in Coatbridge, North Lanarkshire, in February 1957
- Bus driver and convicted paedophile Alexander Gartshore, who died in 2006, has been linked to her disappearance
- Moira's family think she could have been killed and buried in Old Monkland Cemetery in the plot of Sinclair Upton, acquaintance to Gartshore
- Moira's body was never found, Scotland's Lord Advocate, Frank Mulholland, ordered cold case detectives to reopen the case as a murder investigation last year
- Last month Sheriff Frank Pieri granted a request to open the grave
- The process is expected to last several days
More top news
A mild night and another misty, grey start in places in the morning.
John Kelly said he was "broken hearted" by the criticism, adding the president had expressed his condolences "the best way that he could".
A survey by ITV News found Tory activists are surprisingly supportive of the Prime Minister, despite the result of the General Election.