- 450 people have come forward alleging sexual abuse by Savile since October
- 328 of these people were children when they were preyed upon
- 214 criminal offences have been linked to Savile across 28 police forces
- 34 of these are allegations of rape
- 14 offences were committed at schools, in some cases after children wrote to Savile as part of Jim'll Fix It
- 57 allegations have been linked to hospital premises, including hospices
- 33 claims of abuse have been linked to television or radio studios
Jimmy Savile could have been prosecuted for offences against at least three victims while he was alive, two separate reports said today.
The allegations began with the ITV documentary Exposure. Here are some of the key points as the case unfolded.