- 5 December: Dreamliner safety checks ordered after two non-US carriers experienced fuel leaks
- On the same day a Dreamliner made an emergency landing in New Orleans due to a mechanical problem
- 7 January: A fire ignited in the battery pack of an auxiliary power unit of a Japan Airlines 787
- 9 January: A flight to Tokyo cancelled after a computer wrongly indicated there was a problem with brakes
- 11 January: A minor fuel leak on a Boeing 787 is reported
- 11 January: The windscreen in a Boeing 787 cockpit cracks
- 16 January: Cockpit message shows battery problems and burning smell detected
More top news
In a tweet on Saturday, the US president didn't give a reason for his absence but said he wished"everyone well and have a great evening".
Weather conditions remain wet and windy through the weekend.
Mr Banks has given Ukip leader Paul Nuttall an "ultimatum", saying if he is not made chairman he will stop supporting the party.