- UK's fourth busiest airport serving more than 17 million passengers per year
- Home to 14 airlines serving more than 150 destinations in 32 countries
- Capacity to serve 35 million passengers per year
- More than 10,000 people work at Stansted including 1,400 airport employees
- Serves more European destinations than any airport in the world
More top news
After the heatwave come the storms, with lightning flashes illuminating the night sky across much of the country last night.
An Independence Day event at a UK base has been cancelled by the US Air Force over security fears.
British firms predict the economy should sustain a "solid" pace of growth for the rest of the year thanks to lower oil prices and inflation.