- UK's fourth busiest airport serving more than 17 million passengers per year
- Home to 14 airlines serving more than 150 destinations in 32 countries
- Capacity to serve 35 million passengers per year
- More than 10,000 people work at Stansted including 1,400 airport employees
- Serves more European destinations than any airport in the world
More top news
The Queen was in reflective mood this Christmas, choosing reconciliation as her theme and taking a quite direct personal approach.
Quickly turning cold this evening with a widespread frost developing under clear skies, some fog patches too.
The Queen says she is "deeply touched" by the "selflessness" of medical staff fighting the Ebola outbreak in her annual Christmas speech.