- UK's fourth busiest airport serving more than 17 million passengers per year
- Home to 14 airlines serving more than 150 destinations in 32 countries
- Capacity to serve 35 million passengers per year
- More than 10,000 people work at Stansted including 1,400 airport employees
- Serves more European destinations than any airport in the world
More top news
Coal's share of the power mix had fallen to 7%, while wind climbed to new highs to provide 15% of the country's electricity.
State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said Pence "was ready to take this opportunity."
Opposition activists said government forces have brought in more reinforcements in recent days.