The latest wave of Army job cuts are part of the terms of the Government's 2010 Strategic Defence and Security Review:
- Cuts aim to plug £38 billion hole in the defence budget
- The Army will be reduced from 102,000 to 82,000 by 2020
- The Navy and the Air Force will each have their personnel cut by 5,000 by 2015
- Up to 5,300 jobs will go in the third round of redundancies
- 2,860 service personnel were made redundant in first tranche; 3,760 lost jobs in second tranche in June
- MoD says more than 90 percent can expect to find full-time work within six months via its resettlement programme
- Government has said reservist numbers will double to 30,000 by 2018
More top news
A man is facing a jail after he was found guilty of trying to join Islamic State in Syria to fulfil his ambition of becoming a martyr.
Six thieves who stole articulated lorries and their hauls, including £200,000 worth of chocolate, have been sentenced to more than 27 years.
The 83-year-old, best known for his role in the Oscar-winning film Doctor Zhivago is being cared for by his son, his agent said.