The latest wave of Army job cuts are part of the terms of the Government's 2010 Strategic Defence and Security Review:
- Cuts aim to plug £38 billion hole in the defence budget
- The Army will be reduced from 102,000 to 82,000 by 2020
- The Navy and the Air Force will each have their personnel cut by 5,000 by 2015
- Up to 5,300 jobs will go in the third round of redundancies
- 2,860 service personnel were made redundant in first tranche; 3,760 lost jobs in second tranche in June
- MoD says more than 90 percent can expect to find full-time work within six months via its resettlement programme
- Government has said reservist numbers will double to 30,000 by 2018
More top news
Whitehall's latest re-homed feline has got involved in a political scrap between Downing Street's Larry and the Foreign Office's Palmerston.
Daniel Rodriguez, also known as Grymey D, used Instagram, Facebook and Blackberry Messenger to contact girls who he invited to his home.
A grandmother burst into tears after her grandson played her surprise birthday messages recorded by her family.