The latest wave of Army job cuts are part of the terms of the Government's 2010 Strategic Defence and Security Review:
- Cuts aim to plug £38 billion hole in the defence budget
- The Army will be reduced from 102,000 to 82,000 by 2020
- The Navy and the Air Force will each have their personnel cut by 5,000 by 2015
- Up to 5,300 jobs will go in the third round of redundancies
- 2,860 service personnel were made redundant in first tranche; 3,760 lost jobs in second tranche in June
- MoD says more than 90 percent can expect to find full-time work within six months via its resettlement programme
- Government has said reservist numbers will double to 30,000 by 2018
More top news
The Duke of Cambridge is to end his role as an air ambulance pilot and become a full-time Royal, Kensington Palace has announced.
The UN released the before and after images and described the damage, reportedly caused by Islamic State, as 'a new war crime'.
The 16-year-old's body was found on January 16 on a pathway in Dinnington, South Yorkshire.