The latest wave of Army job cuts are part of the terms of the Government's 2010 Strategic Defence and Security Review:
- Cuts aim to plug £38 billion hole in the defence budget
- The Army will be reduced from 102,000 to 82,000 by 2020
- The Navy and the Air Force will each have their personnel cut by 5,000 by 2015
- Up to 5,300 jobs will go in the third round of redundancies
- 2,860 service personnel were made redundant in first tranche; 3,760 lost jobs in second tranche in June
- MoD says more than 90 percent can expect to find full-time work within six months via its resettlement programme
- Government has said reservist numbers will double to 30,000 by 2018
More top news
European nations are collectively consuming more fish than its waters can provide, according to a new study.
PM announces funding will be made available for a memorial dedicated to the victims of last week’s terrorist attack in Tunisia
Mother of the gunman in the Tunisia beach terror attack said her son once refused to kill a mouse because he "couldn't kill anything".