The latest wave of Army job cuts are part of the terms of the Government's 2010 Strategic Defence and Security Review:
- Cuts aim to plug £38 billion hole in the defence budget
- The Army will be reduced from 102,000 to 82,000 by 2020
- The Navy and the Air Force will each have their personnel cut by 5,000 by 2015
- Up to 5,300 jobs will go in the third round of redundancies
- 2,860 service personnel were made redundant in first tranche; 3,760 lost jobs in second tranche in June
- MoD says more than 90 percent can expect to find full-time work within six months via its resettlement programme
- Government has said reservist numbers will double to 30,000 by 2018
More top news
A special committee set up to deliberate on Ireland's abortion regime has called for the procedure to be allowed without restriction.
A conservationist was shot at her Kenyan ranch after herders invaded, officials said Sunday.
Five-year-old Balthazar weighs more than 15 stone - the same as a baby elephant.