The latest wave of Army job cuts are part of the terms of the Government's 2010 Strategic Defence and Security Review:
- Cuts aim to plug £38 billion hole in the defence budget
- The Army will be reduced from 102,000 to 82,000 by 2020
- The Navy and the Air Force will each have their personnel cut by 5,000 by 2015
- Up to 5,300 jobs will go in the third round of redundancies
- 2,860 service personnel were made redundant in first tranche; 3,760 lost jobs in second tranche in June
- MoD says more than 90 percent can expect to find full-time work within six months via its resettlement programme
- Government has said reservist numbers will double to 30,000 by 2018
More top news
Broadcaster PBS halted distribution of his nightly interview show and CBS News immediately suspended the 75-year-old.
Twenty years ago I reported from Mostar at the end of the Bosnian War. I returned to be reunited with some of the children I filmed then.
Around 60 firefighters tackled the blaze at the four-storey building in Daleham Gardens, Hampstead, that broke out early on Tuesday.