The latest wave of Army job cuts are part of the terms of the Government's 2010 Strategic Defence and Security Review:
- Cuts aim to plug £38 billion hole in the defence budget
- The Army will be reduced from 102,000 to 82,000 by 2020
- The Navy and the Air Force will each have their personnel cut by 5,000 by 2015
- Up to 5,300 jobs will go in the third round of redundancies
- 2,860 service personnel were made redundant in first tranche; 3,760 lost jobs in second tranche in June
- MoD says more than 90 percent can expect to find full-time work within six months via its resettlement programme
- Government has said reservist numbers will double to 30,000 by 2018
More top news
After being sentenced for the manslaughter of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp Oscar Pistorius is spending his first night in prison.
ITV News sees first hand the terrible cost of the Ebola virus - not just to those killed, but to those who are left behind.
After winning the Italian version of The Voice Sister Cristina has released her first single, a cover of one of Madonna's best known hits.