These are the top 10 schools in England for A/As Level ranked by the average points score per student. For example, an A-level grade A* scores 300 points, an A scores 270 points, a B scores 240 points, a C scores 210.
- Colchester Royal Grammar School, Essex
- King's College School, Merton
- Sevenoaks School, Kent
- Adcote School for Girls, Shropshire
- King Edward VI Grammar School, Essex
- Pate's Grammar School, Cheltenham
- Altrincham Grammar School for Girls, Trafford
- The Lady Eleanor Holles School, Richmond-Upon-Thames
- King Edward VI High School for Girls, Birmingham
- King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Boys, Birmingham
More top news
Duchess of Cambridge spoke of her family's new pet hamster while unveiling a new play area at Hampton Court Palace.
Despite heralding the arrival of a record 130 foreign journalists North Korea is still carefully coordinating what the press can see.
The toddler died after suffering eight months of abuse at the hands of her legal guardian Kandyce Downer.