The Government plans to introduce new laws for bailiffs in an attempt to regulate the industry, and protect debtors.
The new laws will include:
- No late-night visits
- Restrictions on what property can be seized
- No visits when only children are at home
- Bailiffs will no longer be able to set their own fees
- They will be prevented from using force against people who owe money
- Mandatory training and a certification scheme will be put in place
More top news
A man and a woman have been charged with murder after a badly burned body was found in the back garden of a house in south-west London.
After a chilly start, there will be some warm sunshine across southern and eastern parts.
Labour is ready for another election after June's vote "changed politics in this country", Jeremy Corbyn has declared.