The Government plans to introduce new laws for bailiffs in an attempt to regulate the industry, and protect debtors.
The new laws will include:
- No late-night visits
- Restrictions on what property can be seized
- No visits when only children are at home
- Bailiffs will no longer be able to set their own fees
- They will be prevented from using force against people who owe money
- Mandatory training and a certification scheme will be put in place
More top news
Police excavating a site on the Greek island of Kos say they have found pieces of fabric in their search for Ben Needham.
Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton have clashed in a fiery first presidential debate in the race for the White House.
The lucrative but illegal business of blast fishing is turning Tanzania's waters into killing fields on a devastating scale.