The Government plans to introduce new laws for bailiffs in an attempt to regulate the industry, and protect debtors.
The new laws will include:
- No late-night visits
- Restrictions on what property can be seized
- No visits when only children are at home
- Bailiffs will no longer be able to set their own fees
- They will be prevented from using force against people who owe money
- Mandatory training and a certification scheme will be put in place
More top news
OK Go's Upside Down & Inside Out video was shot on a plane capable of parabolic flight, which provides brief periods of weightlessness.
Teaching assistant Kevin Wilson who brutally attacked his heavily pregnant ex-girlfriend killing his unborn son, has been jailed for life.
A 94-year-old former Nazi SS sergeant has gone on trial in Germany over the murder of at least 170,000 people at the Auschwitz death camp.