The Government plans to introduce new laws for bailiffs in an attempt to regulate the industry, and protect debtors.
The new laws will include:
- No late-night visits
- Restrictions on what property can be seized
- No visits when only children are at home
- Bailiffs will no longer be able to set their own fees
- They will be prevented from using force against people who owe money
- Mandatory training and a certification scheme will be put in place
More top news
A report into the care of people with learning disabilities has called for "immediate action" to protect patients.
A high number of people are fed-up with getting cold calls and want the government to do more to stop them.
The number of violent homophobic crimes have increased in the UK this year, according to new figures.