The Government plans to introduce new laws for bailiffs in an attempt to regulate the industry, and protect debtors.
The new laws will include:
- No late-night visits
- Restrictions on what property can be seized
- No visits when only children are at home
- Bailiffs will no longer be able to set their own fees
- They will be prevented from using force against people who owe money
- Mandatory training and a certification scheme will be put in place
More top news
Doctors say they cannot do anything for little Abigail Jones who was born with brain cancer and Down Syndrome so every moment is precious.
Cool spells of sunshine and some showery outbreaks through rest of today.
Did the tragic pictures of Aylan Kurdi dead on a Turkish beach prompt the latest government U-turn?