The Government plans to introduce new laws for bailiffs in an attempt to regulate the industry, and protect debtors.
The new laws will include:
- No late-night visits
- Restrictions on what property can be seized
- No visits when only children are at home
- Bailiffs will no longer be able to set their own fees
- They will be prevented from using force against people who owe money
- Mandatory training and a certification scheme will be put in place
More top news
Hacking group Lizard Squad claimed responsibility for the attack which left thousands struggling to access their accounts for hours.
Three men broke into a house on Christmas morning but when the owner said he had no money they took his pets instead.
ITV News' John Irvine witnessed the devastation wrought at Banda Aceh ten years ago. Now, a long-sought revival is underway.