The Government plans to introduce new laws for bailiffs in an attempt to regulate the industry, and protect debtors.
The new laws will include:
- No late-night visits
- Restrictions on what property can be seized
- No visits when only children are at home
- Bailiffs will no longer be able to set their own fees
- They will be prevented from using force against people who owe money
- Mandatory training and a certification scheme will be put in place
More top news
Scattered showers in the north-west, elsewhere mostly dry and bright.
As Labour's turmoil continues and the Tories deal with the fallout of Brexit, the Lib Dems think they have something to offer voters.
People are invited to share alleged racism or xenophobia stories after Brexit vote to highlight "need for a plan to tackle" social effects.