The Government plans to introduce new laws for bailiffs in an attempt to regulate the industry, and protect debtors.
The new laws will include:
- No late-night visits
- Restrictions on what property can be seized
- No visits when only children are at home
- Bailiffs will no longer be able to set their own fees
- They will be prevented from using force against people who owe money
- Mandatory training and a certification scheme will be put in place
More top news
Scientists have finally cracked the mystery and found that cleaner dairies are the reason the holes are disappearing.
Tonight will see further showers across northern Britain, whilst Wales sees rain arriving overnight pushing eastwards to many central areas
A widow with no surviving relatives faced a 100th birthday alone until a Facebook appeal saw thousands of cards and presents flood in.