The Government plans to introduce new laws for bailiffs in an attempt to regulate the industry, and protect debtors.
The new laws will include:
- No late-night visits
- Restrictions on what property can be seized
- No visits when only children are at home
- Bailiffs will no longer be able to set their own fees
- They will be prevented from using force against people who owe money
- Mandatory training and a certification scheme will be put in place
More top news
The banking group has also allocated £283m towards tackling its mistreatment of people in mortgage arrears.
Thursday will be a breezy day with sunshine and blustery showers developing for most of us.
She had been with friends at the station at 11pm the previous evening. Officers are now working to find out how she ended up on the tracks.