The Government plans to introduce new laws for bailiffs in an attempt to regulate the industry, and protect debtors.
The new laws will include:
- No late-night visits
- Restrictions on what property can be seized
- No visits when only children are at home
- Bailiffs will no longer be able to set their own fees
- They will be prevented from using force against people who owe money
- Mandatory training and a certification scheme will be put in place
More top news
A cloudy start to the day with top temperatures of 18C (64F).
Immigration levels may need to rise, David Davis has said as he refused to commit to a cap on the number of EU citizens coming to the UK.
MSPs are expected to back Nicola Sturgeon's call for a second independence referendum in a vote at Holyrood on Tuesday.