The Government plans to introduce new laws for bailiffs in an attempt to regulate the industry, and protect debtors.
The new laws will include:
- No late-night visits
- Restrictions on what property can be seized
- No visits when only children are at home
- Bailiffs will no longer be able to set their own fees
- They will be prevented from using force against people who owe money
- Mandatory training and a certification scheme will be put in place
More top news
Teenagers are being tricked into sending inappropriate photographs through social media, police say.
June and Barry Steenkamp tell Good Morning Britain they accept the judge's decision but still do not believe Pistorius' version of events.
Fifteen British WW1 soldiers will be reinterred at the Commonwealth War Graves Commission cemetery today, 100 years after their deaths.