The Government plans to introduce new laws for bailiffs in an attempt to regulate the industry, and protect debtors.
The new laws will include:
- No late-night visits
- Restrictions on what property can be seized
- No visits when only children are at home
- Bailiffs will no longer be able to set their own fees
- They will be prevented from using force against people who owe money
- Mandatory training and a certification scheme will be put in place
More top news
The maintenance worker spent 10 days in hospital after plunging 9.5 metres from a scaffold tower at a disused station.
Workers and managers are to stage another strike on Saturday amid a long-running dispute over jobs, pensions and closures.
The unexpected call could prompt a diplomatic rift with China, which regards Taiwan as a breakaway province from its mainland.