The Government plans to introduce new laws for bailiffs in an attempt to regulate the industry, and protect debtors.
The new laws will include:
- No late-night visits
- Restrictions on what property can be seized
- No visits when only children are at home
- Bailiffs will no longer be able to set their own fees
- They will be prevented from using force against people who owe money
- Mandatory training and a certification scheme will be put in place
More top news
Apple chief executive Tim Cook has publicly came out as gay in an article he wrote for a business magazine.
Police have launched an investigation after a Land Rover was driven into a south Manchester shop front and then set on fire.
Rare footage has captured the moment a whale gave birth to her first offspring.