The Government plans to introduce new laws for bailiffs in an attempt to regulate the industry, and protect debtors.
The new laws will include:
- No late-night visits
- Restrictions on what property can be seized
- No visits when only children are at home
- Bailiffs will no longer be able to set their own fees
- They will be prevented from using force against people who owe money
- Mandatory training and a certification scheme will be put in place
More top news
Leicester City have sacked manager Claudio Ranieri less than nine months after he guided them to a historic Premier League title
Around 40 people were in the sports hall at Southwood Middle School in Milton Keynes when the 8ft by 5ft ceiling caved in.
Shaun Walmsley, 28, is on the run after two armed men helped him escape during an escorted hospital visit.