The Government plans to introduce new laws for bailiffs in an attempt to regulate the industry, and protect debtors.
The new laws will include:
- No late-night visits
- Restrictions on what property can be seized
- No visits when only children are at home
- Bailiffs will no longer be able to set their own fees
- They will be prevented from using force against people who owe money
- Mandatory training and a certification scheme will be put in place
More top news
Alex Salmond found himself in a stand-off with airline staff after booking on to a flight under the name James Kirk.
Romelu Lukaku equalised to ensure Everton earned a point after Danny Ings had given Liverpool the lead in a heated derby clash.
Postman suspended as part of probe as hundreds of letters from a Black Country delivery office took two and a half years to arrive.