The Government plans to introduce new laws for bailiffs in an attempt to regulate the industry, and protect debtors.
The new laws will include:
- No late-night visits
- Restrictions on what property can be seized
- No visits when only children are at home
- Bailiffs will no longer be able to set their own fees
- They will be prevented from using force against people who owe money
- Mandatory training and a certification scheme will be put in place
More top news
The family of a wealthy British man has claimed he was murdered by his Ukrainian bride in Kiev so she could inherit his fortune.
Medics and flight crew had been rescuing an injured skier when they crashed in the region of Abruzzo.
A story of two halves