The Government plans to introduce new laws for bailiffs in an attempt to regulate the industry, and protect debtors.
The new laws will include:
- No late-night visits
- Restrictions on what property can be seized
- No visits when only children are at home
- Bailiffs will no longer be able to set their own fees
- They will be prevented from using force against people who owe money
- Mandatory training and a certification scheme will be put in place
More top news
Parents of a brain-damaged boy have lost a a appeal after a High Court judge allowed doctors to stop providing life-support treatment.
A new report into grooming gangs who preyed on hundreds of young women and girls found perpetrators were consistently left unpunished.
The actor shared a video on Twitter in which he said he has undergone surgery for prostate cancer and "it all seemed to go pretty well".