The Government plans to introduce new laws for bailiffs in an attempt to regulate the industry, and protect debtors.
The new laws will include:
- No late-night visits
- Restrictions on what property can be seized
- No visits when only children are at home
- Bailiffs will no longer be able to set their own fees
- They will be prevented from using force against people who owe money
- Mandatory training and a certification scheme will be put in place
More top news
“We’re going to keep families together and the border is going to be just as tough as it’s been,” the president told the crowd.
Jean-Claude Juncker will meet Leo Varadkar and attend an official dinner hosted by the Irish Taoiseach at Dublin Castle.
“Shocking” revelations over deaths at a hospital lead most of the papers.