The Government plans to introduce new laws for bailiffs in an attempt to regulate the industry, and protect debtors.
The new laws will include:
- No late-night visits
- Restrictions on what property can be seized
- No visits when only children are at home
- Bailiffs will no longer be able to set their own fees
- They will be prevented from using force against people who owe money
- Mandatory training and a certification scheme will be put in place
More top news
Ed Miliband will order an emergency recruitment drive of nurses so an extra 20,000 will be working in the NHS by 2020.
Sir John will give a speech later today saying a Labour-SNP government would be "weak and unstable" and wreck Britain's economic recovery.
Nigel Farage has told ITV News he would "happily" accept Christian refugees into Britain because they have "literally got nowhere to go".