- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
The 83-year-old, best known for his role in the Oscar-winning film Doctor Zhivago is being cared for by his son, his agent said.
Two FA Cup final ticket will be blasted into space tomorrow, giving some lucky fans (or passing aliens) the chance to go to Wembley.
Two Danish radio hosts killed a rabbit with a bicycle pump live on air in a bid to highlight the "hypocrisy" of animal welfare campaigners.