- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
The tanker slammed into other vehicles and burst into flames on a major road leading from the capital Nairobi.
The 2012 Olympic champion secured a decisive win against Molina clearing the way to a showdown with Wladimir Klitschko in the new year.
5 After Midnight - made up of Kieran Alleyne, Jordan Lee and Nathan Lewis - lost the public vote after performing Beyonce's Crazy In Love.