- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
Ben Moynihan attacked three women in random stabbings when he was 17 because he could not lose his virginity.
The cable car at Ciampinoi in Italy ground to a halt after high winds blew a tree over the cable deeming it unsafe.
A school has defended its decision to stop a pupil taking part in World Book Day while wearing a Fifty Shades costume.