- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
The twin brother of the police officer shot and blinded by gunman Raoul Moat says his family are still waiting for justice five years later.
The success of the No camp is mainly due to Tsipras convincing people a No vote will strengthen their hands in negotiations.
As we move into the weekend, expect things to get rather more unsettled weather-wise - thought it will stay hot and humid for some.