- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
The President has been removed from his post at the head of the ruling ZANU-PF party in a move that adds to pressure on him to stand down.
The deputy leader of far-right group Britain First has been arrested in London over a speech made at a rally in Belfast this summer.
A retired solicitor from Bristol has died after being swept overboard while competing in the Clipper Round the World yacht race.