- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
Defence Secretary James Mattis has distanced himself from Mr Trump's assessment of the media, as has Republican senator John McCain.
A two-year-old boy was found dead in a Perthshire river after being reported missing on Sunday morning.
Eagle-eyed Twitter users spotted that a campaign photo the party claimed was in Stoke on Trent, was actually in Bolton.