- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
The Government is to choose which scheme to back after a review of the UK's airport capacity. Here are the three shortlisted options.
The government's long-awaited decision on which scheme - Heathrow or Gatwick - should get the go-ahead will finally be announced later.
Up to six militants attacked the centre in the Baluchistan province opening fire and detonating explosive vests.