- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
Former prime minister Gordon Brown has paid tribute to Kofi Annan, who has died aged 80.
Both men were fatally injured in the smash, which happened at around midday.
A state funeral has been held for many of the dead in Genoa.