- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
Luis Figo will run a campaign for change after announcing his intention to challenge Sepp Blatter for the Fifa presidency
The proportion of ambulances hitting the eight-minute response time target in Wales has plummeted to just 42.6%.
The footballer, who was jailed for five years, claims the 'previously unavailable' information could help clear his name.