- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
Some showers in the north will be enough to produce hail and thunder but it should be a drier and brighter day in the south and east.
Leonie Granger deliberately targeted Mehmet Hassan, who was robbed and kicked to death by two men she let into his flat.
Pop and soul singer Sam Smith has cancelled the rest of his Australian tour after doctors discovered a haemorrhage on his vocal cords.