- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
The number of children in temporary accommodation has increased at a rate the equivalent of an extra secondary school of pupils a month.
The high street chemist - which charges almost £15 more for the pill than rivals - said it was "truly sorry" for a "poor choice of words".
The head of Minneapolis police stood down at the city mayor's request after the police killing of bride-to-be Justine Damond.