- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
A survey of 8,000 runners found they enjoyed a sense of satisfaction and achievement.
A new ranking of UK universities puts the prestigious university first, ahead of Oxford.
Investigators found real building fires could burn hotter, spread faster and last longer than those in safety checks.