- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
An Irish nanny freed after baby murder charges in the US were dropped describes her 'nightmare' and branded the prosecution a 'scandal'.
A man became so frustrated with noise from a nearby building site that he shot a builder with an air rifle, police say.
A backbench revolt over proposals to ease purdah restrictions on the EU referendum has led to a government climb down.