- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
As a minute's silence in honour of the Manchester bomb victims ended, a spontaneous singalong of Oasis' Don't Look Back in Anger broke out.
Tomorrow it'll be hotting up again with strong sunshine and highs near 30C in places
The Labour leader will make a veiled criticism of Conservative-led administrations in a speech, four days after the deadly suicide blast.