- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
Despite her smile, at just four, Mariah has only known life under fire in Syria and her family fear she will "carry very bad memories".
Charlotte Foster died in January this year after taking the combined contraceptive pill Dianette for just a few months.
As Apple buys a spinoff of James Corden's online phenomenon Carpool Karaoke, what's the secret of the show's success?