- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
Following a bruising televised debate with Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump's week seems to have only got worse.
Monarch's package holiday licence has been temporarily extended with the airline receiving "significant further investment".
Ex-football manager Harry Redknapp told undercover reporters his own players bet on the result of one of their own matches, it is claimed.