- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
A look ahead to the forecast for today across the UK.
Tackling and scrums should be banned in school rugby games due to the risk of serious injury, according to health experts.
Luke Sinnott has won a gold medal in the 200 metre sprint for amputee competitors, now he is giving it to the family of a fallen soldier.