- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
Particles in Pluto's haze create a stunning blue tinge around the dwarf planet in an image captured by the New Horizons space mission.
The world’s coral reefs are struggling. Scientists have declared that reefs across the world are facing a “global bleaching event”.
Some of us might be turning the heating on this week as a wind chill and low temperatures sneak in.