- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
Maximum temperature 11 C (52 F).
A cut in stamp duty to help first-time buyers is likely to push prices by at least the amount the reduction is supposed to save, MPs said.
The 64-old, who lived in a remote location near Eskdalemuir in Dumfries and Galloway, had been cut off with no power for seven days.