- 26 April 1999 – Jill Dando is fatally shot outside her home in Fulham in south west London
- 25 May 2000 – Police arrest 40 year old Barry George on suspicion of murder and he is charged 4 days later
- 26 February 2001 – The trial of Barry George begins. He denies murder
- 2 July 2001 – The accused is found guilty and convicted of Jill Dando’s murder. He is sentenced to life in prison
- 1 August 2008 – Barry George is found not guilty of Jill Dando’s murder following a retrial
More top news
Under the new rule adults over the age of 18 automatically become donors after their death, unless they opt out beforehand.
Doctors have recommend Peter Sutcliffe be moved to high security prison, but the final decision will be taken by the justice secretary.
Last minute suspension of strike action has meant thousands of cancelled procedures will still not go ahead.