The second phase of the HS2 high speed rail network is still subject to a consultation, but this is what the government is proposing so far:
- Consultation to start this year
- Final route chosen by end of 2014
- Leeds to London journey time reduced from 1h28m to 41 minutes
- Manchester to London journey time reduced from 1h58m to 58 minutes
- Building could begin around 2025 with the line opening by 2033
More top news
The shadow chancellor insisted that he was being honest - but others will see it part of a culture of abuse and violent rhetoric.
Rebel umbrella group said they would not accept Russia as a sponsor of a peace deal as it was a partner in 'crimes against our people'.
The Englishman believes the Gunners overcame a psychological hurdle against their London rivals at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday.