The second phase of the HS2 high speed rail network is still subject to a consultation, but this is what the government is proposing so far:
- Consultation to start this year
- Final route chosen by end of 2014
- Leeds to London journey time reduced from 1h28m to 41 minutes
- Manchester to London journey time reduced from 1h58m to 58 minutes
- Building could begin around 2025 with the line opening by 2033
More top news
One iPhone 6 customer has learned the hard way that speed is not always of the essence when attempting to liberate his new Apple gadget.
Their relief of Scottish banks, estate agents and other businesses this morning is obvious after the country voted to stay in the UK.
The referendum story is rapidly heading south. Scottish voters were promised more power - now English and Welsh voters ask "what about us?"