The second phase of the HS2 high speed rail network is still subject to a consultation, but this is what the government is proposing so far:
- Consultation to start this year
- Final route chosen by end of 2014
- Leeds to London journey time reduced from 1h28m to 41 minutes
- Manchester to London journey time reduced from 1h58m to 58 minutes
- Building could begin around 2025 with the line opening by 2033
More top news
A new scam aimed at people who own Apple iPhones steals their account information through a text.
Tomorrow’s Congress is expected to be dominated by claims of North Korea’s nuclear prowess.
The acclaimed conductor will direct the Mariinsky Theatre's Symphony Orchestra at the UNESCO World Heritage Site.