The second phase of the HS2 high speed rail network is still subject to a consultation, but this is what the government is proposing so far:
- Consultation to start this year
- Final route chosen by end of 2014
- Leeds to London journey time reduced from 1h28m to 41 minutes
- Manchester to London journey time reduced from 1h58m to 58 minutes
- Building could begin around 2025 with the line opening by 2033
More top news
After the payday lender admits it failed to properly check potential borrowers, it now faces a challenge to regain customers' trust.
Horowitz will write a new novel based on an idea by the secret agent's creator Ian Fleming.
John Terry has hit back at critics that berated him for celebrating Chelsea's Champions League win in his full kit - despite not playing.