The second phase of the HS2 high speed rail network is still subject to a consultation, but this is what the government is proposing so far:
- Consultation to start this year
- Final route chosen by end of 2014
- Leeds to London journey time reduced from 1h28m to 41 minutes
- Manchester to London journey time reduced from 1h58m to 58 minutes
- Building could begin around 2025 with the line opening by 2033
More top news
Ridge of high pressure will bring a short period of bright and sunny weather for many tomorrow, however later rain will arrive from the west
Almost three years after the so-called 'Trojan Horse' controversy, a leaked letter obtained by News at Ten reveals concerns remain.
Hundreds of thousands of Rohingyas fled persecution. Now they face being sent to a remote uninhabited island that floods half the year.