The second phase of the HS2 high speed rail network is still subject to a consultation, but this is what the government is proposing so far:
- Consultation to start this year
- Final route chosen by end of 2014
- Leeds to London journey time reduced from 1h28m to 41 minutes
- Manchester to London journey time reduced from 1h58m to 58 minutes
- Building could begin around 2025 with the line opening by 2033
More top news
A judge who was reunited with an old school friend standing before her in the dock encountered another familiar face in her court room.
Campaign to give children right to delete damaging or embarrassing social media posts that could cause problems later in work or education.
Investigation into crashed Virgin Galactic test flight finds human error is direct cause, but points to a number of failings in preparation.