The second phase of the HS2 high speed rail network is still subject to a consultation, but this is what the government is proposing so far:
- Consultation to start this year
- Final route chosen by end of 2014
- Leeds to London journey time reduced from 1h28m to 41 minutes
- Manchester to London journey time reduced from 1h58m to 58 minutes
- Building could begin around 2025 with the line opening by 2033
More top news
The driver stopped at the scene and the boy was taken to hospital, but he died on the way.
Sunday Times restaurant critic AA Gill has died at the age of 62, three weeks after revealing he had cancer.
The Oscar-winning actress has faced a backlash after telling a story about itching her "butt" on sacred Hawaiian rocks.