The second phase of the HS2 high speed rail network is still subject to a consultation, but this is what the government is proposing so far:
- Consultation to start this year
- Final route chosen by end of 2014
- Leeds to London journey time reduced from 1h28m to 41 minutes
- Manchester to London journey time reduced from 1h58m to 58 minutes
- Building could begin around 2025 with the line opening by 2033
More top news
The PM raised objections to the Hinkley Point nuclear power plant deal during the coalition government, an ex cabinet member claims.
The Cursed Child opens in London on Saturday and will immediately be followed by the midnight release of the play's script book.
A dry and fine weekend for most, with scattered showers and heavier downpours in Scotland.