The second phase of the HS2 high speed rail network is still subject to a consultation, but this is what the government is proposing so far:
- Consultation to start this year
- Final route chosen by end of 2014
- Leeds to London journey time reduced from 1h28m to 41 minutes
- Manchester to London journey time reduced from 1h58m to 58 minutes
- Building could begin around 2025 with the line opening by 2033
More top news
Rain will be heavy across Scotland, parts of northern England and Wales tonight - rumbles of thunder are possible waking some of us up.
The girl's family asked for a sugary likeness of Frozen Princess Elsa - but instead received this.
Andy Murray has made it through to the Wimbledon quarter-finals after beating Ivo Karlovic 7-6 (9-7) 6-4 5-7 6-4.