The second phase of the HS2 high speed rail network is still subject to a consultation, but this is what the government is proposing so far:
- Consultation to start this year
- Final route chosen by end of 2014
- Leeds to London journey time reduced from 1h28m to 41 minutes
- Manchester to London journey time reduced from 1h58m to 58 minutes
- Building could begin around 2025 with the line opening by 2033
More top news
It is reported that 100 investigators entered the US internet giant's office at dawn as Google stands accused of 'aggravated tax fraud'.
Up to 100,000 people in the UK with the condition should be given weight-loss surgery, world experts have said.
British boyband 5ive have pulled out of a concert which was hosted by the Leave.EU campaign.