The second phase of the HS2 high speed rail network is still subject to a consultation, but this is what the government is proposing so far:
- Consultation to start this year
- Final route chosen by end of 2014
- Leeds to London journey time reduced from 1h28m to 41 minutes
- Manchester to London journey time reduced from 1h58m to 58 minutes
- Building could begin around 2025 with the line opening by 2033
More top news
Influential black figures have joined forces to speak out about a deadly disease that sees black men twice at risk compared to white men.
Frances Cappuccini died just hours after giving birth after a string of hospital "failures" including "inadequate diagnosis and treatment".
Sinn Fein will not be re-nominating a deputy first minister following Martin McGuinness's resignation, making an election highly likely.