The second phase of the HS2 high speed rail network is still subject to a consultation, but this is what the government is proposing so far:
- Consultation to start this year
- Final route chosen by end of 2014
- Leeds to London journey time reduced from 1h28m to 41 minutes
- Manchester to London journey time reduced from 1h58m to 58 minutes
- Building could begin around 2025 with the line opening by 2033
More top news
Multiple explosions in a park in a Japanese city have left at least one person dead and three injured.
A man said to be armed with dangerous articles remains inside an address in west London.
Time Warner owns the Warner Bros movie studio, responsible for franchises such as Harry Potter and Batman.