While the precise route of the HS2 high speed rail extension is subject to a consultation, a number of cities and towns are expected to receive new station facilities or improvements to existing ones.
- Manchester - alongside the existing Piccadilly station
- Manchester Airport - interchange by the M56 between Warburton Green and Davenport Green
- East Midlands - at Toton, between Nottingham and Derby and one mile from the M1
- Crewe - dedicated link alongside the high speed line to link up with standard trains - reducing journey times to Liverpool and Glasgow.
- Leeds - at New Lane in the South bank area connected to the main station by walkway
- Sheffield - at Meadowhall shopping centre
More top news
The Gallagher brothers have had a turbulent relationship since Oasis fell apart in 2009.
Choir wins public vote, while judges pick dancers ahead of 12-year-old singer-songwriter Henry Gallagher.
The hunt for murder suspect Jed Allen has ended after police found his body two days after discovering his mother, stepdad and sister dead.