• Born on 27th April 1967 as the first child of Princess Beatrix and the late Prince Claus.
• As heir to the throne, his official title is His Royal Highness the Prince of Orange.
• In 2002, the Prince married Argentinean born Máxima Zorreguieta.
• They have three daughters Princess Catharina-Amali (10), Princess Alexia (7) and Princess Ariane (5).
• The Prince and Princess Máxima are patrons of the Orange Fund, which was set up to promote social welfare and social cohesion in the Netherlands.
• The Prince holds both a private pilot licence and a commercial pilot licence.
• The Prince has a prominent role in the Dutch armed forces. He holds the rank of Commodore in the Royal Netherlands Navy Reserve, Brigadier General in the Royal Netherlands Army Reserve and Air Commodore in the Royal Netherlands Air Force Reserve.
• The Prince has a well-known passion for sport. In 1998 he became a member of the International Olympic Committee.
• Prince Willem-Alexander travelled to South Africa for the 2010 World Cup where he was pictured wearing orange during the Dutch national team’s journey to the final.
More top news
A slow start for most of us tomorrow with dribs and drabs of rain leaving some of us with a soggy journey into work.
If you're worried your online social circle is thinning out, a new browser extension will let you know who cut you loose online.
The Russian government has launched a campaign urging people to take safer selfies after after high-risk poses resulted in dozens of deaths.