• Born on 27th April 1967 as the first child of Princess Beatrix and the late Prince Claus.
• As heir to the throne, his official title is His Royal Highness the Prince of Orange.
• In 2002, the Prince married Argentinean born Máxima Zorreguieta.
• They have three daughters Princess Catharina-Amali (10), Princess Alexia (7) and Princess Ariane (5).
• The Prince and Princess Máxima are patrons of the Orange Fund, which was set up to promote social welfare and social cohesion in the Netherlands.
• The Prince holds both a private pilot licence and a commercial pilot licence.
• The Prince has a prominent role in the Dutch armed forces. He holds the rank of Commodore in the Royal Netherlands Navy Reserve, Brigadier General in the Royal Netherlands Army Reserve and Air Commodore in the Royal Netherlands Air Force Reserve.
• The Prince has a well-known passion for sport. In 1998 he became a member of the International Olympic Committee.
• Prince Willem-Alexander travelled to South Africa for the 2010 World Cup where he was pictured wearing orange during the Dutch national team’s journey to the final.
More top news
More than 4,400 community police officers have lost their jobs since 2010, according to Unison
Western and central regions will be prone to thundery, blustery downpours all day
Police charged student Hayley King with malicious tampering of food after she was also filmed spraying glass cleaner in the fridge.