- Paris Saint-Germain are said to be the richest team in the world
- They are owned by Qatari Crown Prince Sheik Tamim Bin Hamad Al Thani
- They have spent more than £200m on transfers over the last 18 months
- They are currently top of the French Ligue 1 table, ahead of Lyon on goal difference - but haven't won the French title since 1993-94
- They will play Valencia in the last 16 of the Champions League, after winning their group
- Their manager is former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti, who Beckham worked under at AC Milan
- They recently signed Brazilian teenager Lucas Moura for around 45m euros
- Their star man - until now - has been Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic
More top news
A bid to hold a new inquest into the death of Stuart Lubbock - who was found dead in Michael Barrymore's swimming pool - has been blocked.
Scientists exploring the huge underwater labyrinth in Mexico have found remains suggesting it was once used by the Mayans.
A wolf which escaped from an animal sanctuary after a fence blew down has been recaptured after five hours on the loose.