To help keep your child safe online:
- Talk to your child about the dangers posed by the internet
- Tell them what they should do if they become worried or concerned
- Explain that anything shared online or by mobile phone could end up being seen by anyone
- Understand what your child does online and know which websites they visit
- Put the computer where the whole family can see it, not out of sight in a bedroom
- Use filtering software to block inappropriate sites
- Encourage your child to use websites such as ChildLine where they can find advice and guidance on safe (but fun) use of the internet
More top news
Arsenal have completed the signing of Spanish forward Lucas Perez from Deportivo La Coruna.
A stunning afternoon ahead with near unbroken blue skies and warm sunshine for many of us.
In France alone, more than seven million tonnes of food are thrown out every year. Now legislation is being introduced to redirect waste.