To help keep your child safe online:
- Talk to your child about the dangers posed by the internet
- Tell them what they should do if they become worried or concerned
- Explain that anything shared online or by mobile phone could end up being seen by anyone
- Understand what your child does online and know which websites they visit
- Put the computer where the whole family can see it, not out of sight in a bedroom
- Use filtering software to block inappropriate sites
- Encourage your child to use websites such as ChildLine where they can find advice and guidance on safe (but fun) use of the internet
More top news
Hefty showers and longer, slow moving downpours into this evening and again on Saturday - some lively with thunder.
We are entering - and we have voted to enter - a period of intense political and economic uncertainty.
David Cameron has announced he is to resign as prime minister by October. We look at who could replace him.