To help keep your child safe online:
- Talk to your child about the dangers posed by the internet
- Tell them what they should do if they become worried or concerned
- Explain that anything shared online or by mobile phone could end up being seen by anyone
- Understand what your child does online and know which websites they visit
- Put the computer where the whole family can see it, not out of sight in a bedroom
- Use filtering software to block inappropriate sites
- Encourage your child to use websites such as ChildLine where they can find advice and guidance on safe (but fun) use of the internet
More top news
The armed officers aim to be "unpredictable and widespread across the network" with the terror level critical after the Manchester blast.
Vicky Cornell said she was "broken" by the unexpected death of the Soundgarden singer and wishes she had been with him.
A surge of hot, humid air