To help keep your child safe online:
- Talk to your child about the dangers posed by the internet
- Tell them what they should do if they become worried or concerned
- Explain that anything shared online or by mobile phone could end up being seen by anyone
- Understand what your child does online and know which websites they visit
- Put the computer where the whole family can see it, not out of sight in a bedroom
- Use filtering software to block inappropriate sites
- Encourage your child to use websites such as ChildLine where they can find advice and guidance on safe (but fun) use of the internet
More top news
The case against a vicar accused of conducting up to 500 sham weddings collapsed after it emerged police lied and hid important evidence.
More persistent rain will move from the west tonight as strong winds come in from the southwest.
It didn't take long for the converted flower shop to be snapped up. 220,000 people looked at the advert on Zoopla.