To help keep your child safe online:
- Talk to your child about the dangers posed by the internet
- Tell them what they should do if they become worried or concerned
- Explain that anything shared online or by mobile phone could end up being seen by anyone
- Understand what your child does online and know which websites they visit
- Put the computer where the whole family can see it, not out of sight in a bedroom
- Use filtering software to block inappropriate sites
- Encourage your child to use websites such as ChildLine where they can find advice and guidance on safe (but fun) use of the internet
More top news
British aid workers in Nepal have told ITV News of the challenges they face trying to treat earthquake victims in a perilous hospital
We now know what the Lib Dems are not prepared to back down on in the event of coalition trading.
A 12-year-old girl from South Wales has wowed judges on Britain's Got Talent after singing a Whitney Houston classic.