To help keep your child safe online:
- Talk to your child about the dangers posed by the internet
- Tell them what they should do if they become worried or concerned
- Explain that anything shared online or by mobile phone could end up being seen by anyone
- Understand what your child does online and know which websites they visit
- Put the computer where the whole family can see it, not out of sight in a bedroom
- Use filtering software to block inappropriate sites
- Encourage your child to use websites such as ChildLine where they can find advice and guidance on safe (but fun) use of the internet
More top news
Some hand-written notes in an ancient manuscript turned out to be the oldest piece of music for more than one voice ever discovered.
Wet weather is expected across most of the UK later as rain sweeps in from the west overnight.
Spoiler alert: This year's Apprentice finalists have been chosen after escaping Lord Sugar's contestant cull.