To help keep your child safe online:
- Talk to your child about the dangers posed by the internet
- Tell them what they should do if they become worried or concerned
- Explain that anything shared online or by mobile phone could end up being seen by anyone
- Understand what your child does online and know which websites they visit
- Put the computer where the whole family can see it, not out of sight in a bedroom
- Use filtering software to block inappropriate sites
- Encourage your child to use websites such as ChildLine where they can find advice and guidance on safe (but fun) use of the internet
More top news
A doctor who captured the attention of people around the world by writing about her experiences as a cancer patient in the NHS has died.
As police warn disruption at Dover is set to continue, volunteers who came to the aid of stranded motorists offer further assistance.
A man and woman have been arrested after a five-year-old died after an incident at a water park in Market Bosworth on Saturday, police say.