To help keep your child safe online:
- Talk to your child about the dangers posed by the internet
- Tell them what they should do if they become worried or concerned
- Explain that anything shared online or by mobile phone could end up being seen by anyone
- Understand what your child does online and know which websites they visit
- Put the computer where the whole family can see it, not out of sight in a bedroom
- Use filtering software to block inappropriate sites
- Encourage your child to use websites such as ChildLine where they can find advice and guidance on safe (but fun) use of the internet
More top news
The man was taken early this morning to a south London police station where he remains in custody.
The Chancellor faces tough talks to build a Government while also dealing with the challenge from a resurgent far right.
Watch John McDonnell's speech at Labour Party conference 2017 live as he speaks to Brighton the audience from 12.15pm.