To help keep your child safe online:
- Talk to your child about the dangers posed by the internet
- Tell them what they should do if they become worried or concerned
- Explain that anything shared online or by mobile phone could end up being seen by anyone
- Understand what your child does online and know which websites they visit
- Put the computer where the whole family can see it, not out of sight in a bedroom
- Use filtering software to block inappropriate sites
- Encourage your child to use websites such as ChildLine where they can find advice and guidance on safe (but fun) use of the internet
More top news
Even if you're having a tough day in the office, it's unlikely to be as difficult as the one facing the director of the US Secret Service.
The first behind-the-scenes photographs of George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Venice wedding have been published in a celebrity magazine.
The US Secret Service chief faces questions from politicians today over the latest in a series of worrying White House security breaches.