To help keep your child safe online:
- Talk to your child about the dangers posed by the internet
- Tell them what they should do if they become worried or concerned
- Explain that anything shared online or by mobile phone could end up being seen by anyone
- Understand what your child does online and know which websites they visit
- Put the computer where the whole family can see it, not out of sight in a bedroom
- Use filtering software to block inappropriate sites
- Encourage your child to use websites such as ChildLine where they can find advice and guidance on safe (but fun) use of the internet
More top news
After a chilly start to spring with April frosts rather than showers finally warmer weather is on its way.
President Obama's daughter Malia has accepted a university offer from Harvard, according to her parents.
A man is being held by police after the body of a teenage girl was found in the sea.