To help keep your child safe online:
- Talk to your child about the dangers posed by the internet
- Tell them what they should do if they become worried or concerned
- Explain that anything shared online or by mobile phone could end up being seen by anyone
- Understand what your child does online and know which websites they visit
- Put the computer where the whole family can see it, not out of sight in a bedroom
- Use filtering software to block inappropriate sites
- Encourage your child to use websites such as ChildLine where they can find advice and guidance on safe (but fun) use of the internet
More top news
An Australian grandfather has been hailed for his "fantastic survival skills" after keeping himself alive in the bush by eating ants.
A man who was never expected to be able to get out of a wheelchair has shared his first dance with his wife.
Sitting down is no worse for you than standing up as long as you take regular exercise, according to a study.