To help keep your child safe online:
- Talk to your child about the dangers posed by the internet
- Tell them what they should do if they become worried or concerned
- Explain that anything shared online or by mobile phone could end up being seen by anyone
- Understand what your child does online and know which websites they visit
- Put the computer where the whole family can see it, not out of sight in a bedroom
- Use filtering software to block inappropriate sites
- Encourage your child to use websites such as ChildLine where they can find advice and guidance on safe (but fun) use of the internet
More top news
Amber Rudd feels the heat and a summer visit for Donald Trump raises fears of unrest.
Experts called on the Government to immediately tighten up fire regulations without waiting for the conclusion of the Grenfell inquiry.
Tottenham Hotspur is one of the first clubs to declare its commitment to phasing out single-use plastics at its new stadium.