To help keep your child safe online:
- Talk to your child about the dangers posed by the internet
- Tell them what they should do if they become worried or concerned
- Explain that anything shared online or by mobile phone could end up being seen by anyone
- Understand what your child does online and know which websites they visit
- Put the computer where the whole family can see it, not out of sight in a bedroom
- Use filtering software to block inappropriate sites
- Encourage your child to use websites such as ChildLine where they can find advice and guidance on safe (but fun) use of the internet
More top news
Engineering firm CH2M won the £170 million contract but have pulled out of phase two of the project over alleged conflicts of interest.
The bronze bust unveiled at Madeira airport has been slammed as "horrifying", "appalling" and "awful" on social media.
The Duke of Cambridge also laid a wreath in memory of the brave policeman who was killed in last week's terror attack in London.