To help keep your child safe online:
- Talk to your child about the dangers posed by the internet
- Tell them what they should do if they become worried or concerned
- Explain that anything shared online or by mobile phone could end up being seen by anyone
- Understand what your child does online and know which websites they visit
- Put the computer where the whole family can see it, not out of sight in a bedroom
- Use filtering software to block inappropriate sites
- Encourage your child to use websites such as ChildLine where they can find advice and guidance on safe (but fun) use of the internet
More top news
Celebrities including Chris Evans and Joanna Lumley are expected to attend the event marking 50 years since the broadcaster went on air
Staging a 'feast in a cemetery' is an important date in the calendar of one of Europe’s last surviving ethnic folk cultures, the Setos.
What was the reaction online to the first presidential debate that saw Clinton and Trump go head-to-head?