To help keep your child safe online:
- Talk to your child about the dangers posed by the internet
- Tell them what they should do if they become worried or concerned
- Explain that anything shared online or by mobile phone could end up being seen by anyone
- Understand what your child does online and know which websites they visit
- Put the computer where the whole family can see it, not out of sight in a bedroom
- Use filtering software to block inappropriate sites
- Encourage your child to use websites such as ChildLine where they can find advice and guidance on safe (but fun) use of the internet
More top news
It was a cloudy start across many eastern areas first thing. However, Sunday shaping up to be a warm sunny day for most.
Former Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith has David Cameron should remain prime minister even if Britain votes to leave the EU.
Tony Blair has said Leave campaigners are focusing on immigration "because they've lost comprehensively the debate on the economy".