To help keep your child safe online:
- Talk to your child about the dangers posed by the internet
- Tell them what they should do if they become worried or concerned
- Explain that anything shared online or by mobile phone could end up being seen by anyone
- Understand what your child does online and know which websites they visit
- Put the computer where the whole family can see it, not out of sight in a bedroom
- Use filtering software to block inappropriate sites
- Encourage your child to use websites such as ChildLine where they can find advice and guidance on safe (but fun) use of the internet
More top news
Parents of a brain-damaged boy have lost a a appeal after a High Court judge allowed doctors to stop providing life-support treatment.
A new report into grooming gangs who preyed on hundreds of young women and girls found perpetrators were consistently left unpunished.
The actor shared a video on Twitter in which he said he has undergone surgery for prostate cancer and "it all seemed to go pretty well".