To help keep your child safe online:
- Talk to your child about the dangers posed by the internet
- Tell them what they should do if they become worried or concerned
- Explain that anything shared online or by mobile phone could end up being seen by anyone
- Understand what your child does online and know which websites they visit
- Put the computer where the whole family can see it, not out of sight in a bedroom
- Use filtering software to block inappropriate sites
- Encourage your child to use websites such as ChildLine where they can find advice and guidance on safe (but fun) use of the internet
More top news
A 43rd generation direct descendant of the Prophet Muhammad, the Prince has vowed to clean up Fifa's act.
So-called legal highs are set to be banned en masse. But what are they, and why is this drastic move necessary?
The Swiss 79-year-old joined Fifa in 1975, with his reign as president starting in 1998. But who is he?