Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
A revolutionary cancer-fighting machine will deliver proton beam therapy for the first time in the UK.
Low pressure brings cooler, more seasonal weather over the next few days.
Donald Trump has denied making or possessing recordings of chats with his fired FBI chief James Comey, despite hints to the contrary.