Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
A year after the launch of a landmark plan to tackle the crisis, leading figures say a "much more robust" strategy is needed.
A van ploughing into pedestrians in a busy area of Barcelona echoes the circumstances of atrocities that have hit several countries.
Bright & breezy with some showers