Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
Wet, windy weather with milder nights
X Factor judge Rita Ora was booed for her decision-making during the show's Six Chair Challenge.
Samantha Hayes, 30, and her son Liam were last seen around 5.20pm on Friday afternoon.