Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
Investigation underway into whether a man was killed by a meteorite, which if confirmed would be the first recorded death-by-space rock.
Government to press ahead with plans to allow local councils to extend trading hours on Sundays.
Police used pepper spray and batons to break up a large crowd of protesters in Hong Kong - the worst street violence since 2014.