Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
The story of the years preceding Mohammed Emwazi's arrival in Syria is a complex one.
Staying blustery for the next 24 hours with strong winds driving some rain, sleet and snow from west to east tonight.
The mother of murdered Boris Nemstov's girlfriend is worried her daughter is being treated as if she had something to do with the killing.