Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
Uplifting messages greeted commuters on the London Underground a day after the terror attack in Westminster.
Faith leaders from across London say religious communities will "stand together" in the wake of the Westminster terror attack.
Pc Keith Palmer was among the three people killed yesterday in the Westminster terror attack.