Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
The Duchess of Cambridge made her second appearance of the day at the Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
After being sentenced for the manslaughter of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp Oscar Pistorius is spending his first night in prison.
ITV News sees first hand the terrible cost of the Ebola virus - not just to those killed, but to those who are left behind.