Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
The level of abuse and even intimidation by some in the ‘Yes’ campaign is making this referendum a rather unpleasant experience.
A former Germany international goalkeeper claims he has been offered a contract to become a wrestler with World Wrestling Entertainment.
George, a ten-year-old goldfish, was given a life-saving operation after developing a tumour. His hospital says it went "swimmingly".