Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
A quiet and calm end to month and staying frost free tonight.
The FBI is reopening an investigation into e-mails sent by Hillary Clinton via a personal server, its director has announced.
Former deputy prime minister is set to return to the Lib Dem's front bench, the Party's leader has confirmed.