Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
Microsoft’s latest version of its operating system launches today, and it will have a familiar feel once again for millions of users.
Turning street lights off at night does not lead to more crime or traffic accidents, researchers have said.
Decisions on when patients are reaching the end of their life should be taken by experts instead on the medical opinion of one doctor.