Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
Terry Butcher said his son's life had been "tragically cut short" and described him as a "dedicated captain in the British Army".
Through the morning an area of rain will steadily track northeastwards across central England.
An outdoor nursery where children are only allowed to play with toys they have made themselves has been named Britain's Best Nursery.