Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
Doctors cannot explain it but the extraordinary bond between new mum Holli Cheung and her son Jordan may have saved her life.
David Cameron has begun a whirlwind tour of Europe to discuss his terms for renegotiating the UK's membership of the EU with key leaders.
Through the rest of today showers will continue across many northern areas, whereas for much of England and Wales it'll stay largely dry.