Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
The boy was attacked on a bus in south London. Police say he was stabbed in the stomach.
With Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton looking set to become the Republican and Democrat presidential candidates, what happens next?
Everything you need to know about the most violent day of the miners' strike.