Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
A nine-year-old child who had the world's first double-hand transplant has celebrated a year since surgery.
Corbyn's opponents present the Virgin Trains saga as a question of integrity but supporters will see him taking on a corporate giant.
Brazilian police also said they were investigating bank statements, amid suspicion of money laundering tied to the illegal ticketing ring.