Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
A Ukip councillor has been expelled from the party after allegedly making "jaw-dropping" comments in a TV interview.
"He was their for me everyday of my life, he was the best father I could ask for," Rafael Ramos's 13-year-old son said.
Ben Haenow's dreams came true for a second time tonight after his debut song Something I Need was declared the UK's official Christmas No.1.