Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
The attack on a college in Garissa, Kenya, comes a day after President Uhuru Kenyatta declared: ''Kenya is safe".
The pre-trial hearing for a British banker, accused of murdering two women in Hong Kong last November, was adjourned for five weeks.
Conservationists say one of the UK's most threatened butterflies has recorded its best year for a decade following 2014's warm spring.