Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
A medical tribunal found Dr Mark Bonar posed a "potential future risk of harm to patients".
After a lively start to the long weekend with torrential, thundery downpours - a drier night.
The bouncy castle, commissioned for the Common People festival, is taller than the Great Wall of China.