Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
Soliciting of clients by sex workers should no longer be a crime, according to new recommendations made by Home Affairs Select committee.
Theresa May's bid to become Tory leader has won the backing of senior cabinet ministers including Michael Fallon and Patrick McLoughlin.
A 19-year-old has officially become the UK's youngest airline pilot after fast-tracking his way to a seat in the cockpit.