Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
Antidepressants do help in combating the mental health condition, a new study has found.
A cold and frosty start to the day for many, with some patches of mist and fog in parts of central and northern England.
Centrica has blamed "significantly reduced profit" in its UK business for pushing group operating profits down to £1.25 billion.