Accessing the internet and using mobile phones can put children at risk of:
- Seeing disturbing information or images
- Being the victim of online bullying (also known as cyberbullying)
- Being contacted and manipulated by an adult for sexual purposes (also known as grooming)
- Sharing personal and identifying information with strangers
- sending or receiving sexually explicit films, images or messages of themselves or others (this is known as sexting when sent by mobile phone)
More top news
The Prime Minister will make a direct pitch to Scottish unionists on her first trip of the election campaign north of the border.
Headteachers warn that the education system is facing a "real risk it will break".
Prince Harry will join rugby fans at Twickenham Stadium to cheer on the Army as they take on their Royal Navy rivals on Saturday.