The inquiry into Magdalene laundries found the following statistics:
- Around 50% of the girls and women put to work were under the age of 23.
- 40% - more than 4,000 - spent more than a year incarcerated.
- Some 15% spent more than five years while the average stay has been calculated at seven months.
- The youngest death on record was 15 and the oldest 95.
- Some of the women were sent to laundries more than once - records show a total of 14,607 admissions, and a total of 8,025 known reasons for being sent to a laundry.
The statistics outlined in the report are based on records of only eight of the 10 laundries with the Sisters of Mercy operated Dun Laoghaire and Galway missing from the records.
More top news
The Olympic and World champion seem unfazed by the electric vehicle which sent him flying in Beijing.
The rapper declared his intention to run at the end of a rambling acceptance speech at the VMAs last night.
As we see in the end of August, we mark the meteorological end of summer 2015.