Dale Cregan has confirmed through his barristers that he is not offering a defence of diminished responsibility. Nicholas Clarke QC, prosecuting, told the court:
"There was a lot of forethought and planning went into all of these operations. We suggest you will surely conclude that all phases of these murderous attacks were carried out by a man who knew exactly what he was doing with a clarity of mind and also with chilling premeditation."
The trial has adjourned for the weekend, and will resume on Monday morning.
More top news
Islamic State poses as great a threat to Britain as the IRA during its bombing campaign in the 1970s, a watchdog has said.
Turning colder with showers in the west and windy for many, with severe gales in exposed northern and western parts.
The elderly woman's son complained to the council that his mother had been deprived of her liberty in an 'unprecedented' legal case.