Animals treated with the veterinary drug phenylbutazone - or 'bute' - are not allowed to enter the food chain as it may pose a risk to human health.
- Bute was banned from use in humans after it was found that about 1 person in 30,000 recipients suffered a serious side effect.
- Bute can cause rare cases of a serious blood disorder, aplastic anaemia.
- In levels reported in previous FSA testing of contaminated meat, the maximum level found would have to be multiplied a thousand-fold to be at the same level as which used to be given to humans.
- It suggests that even if someone eats contaminated meat, the risk of damage to their health is very low.
More top news
An "erratic" driver sparked a security alert after ploughing into a police car near the US Congress and nearly mowing down several officers.
Thousands of people have linked hands on Westminster Bridge in a show of solidarity - one week after the terror attack in the capital.
PC Keith Palmer, 48, stabbed by Khalid Masood while on duty in the grounds of the Palace of Westminster last Wednesday.