The snowstorm which has hit northeast USA, nicknamed ‘Nemo’, has caused havoc for residents and travellers.
- The governors of New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut have declared a state of emergency
- A complete or partial ban on travel by car has been declared in Massachusetts and Connecticut
- 10,000 residents along the east coast have been left without power
- Almost 3,500 flights have been cancelled
- Record snowfalls are forecast for Boston
After snowstorm 'Nemo' hit the US and Canada, less severe storm 'Orko' is expected to bring more wintry weather.
A summary of the effects of the storm that swept across the northeastern US and Canada.