Barclays has outlined a number of commitments following the outcome of its long-awaited strategic review.
- To close its controversial Structured Capital Markets tax advisory division
- Focus investment in the UK, US and Africa
- Reduce total costs significantly by operating more efficiently
- Cut at least 3,700 jobs across the business
- Publish an annual scorecard assessing its performance
Chief Executive Antony Jenkins said Barclays is also committed to providing "greater disclosure and transparency" around its financial performance.
"We expect to make good progress towards our financial commitments by 2014 and deliver them fully by 2015", Mr Jenkins said.
More top news
Five women shared their views about whether Hillary Clinton's Democratic presidential nomination is a defining moment in US history.
The patient fired several shots at the doctor in a Berlin clinic before turning the gun on himself.
Hillary Clinton has made history to become the first woman to be nominated for president by a major US political party.