Barclays has outlined a number of commitments following the outcome of its long-awaited strategic review.
- To close its controversial Structured Capital Markets tax advisory division
- Focus investment in the UK, US and Africa
- Reduce total costs significantly by operating more efficiently
- Cut at least 3,700 jobs across the business
- Publish an annual scorecard assessing its performance
Chief Executive Antony Jenkins said Barclays is also committed to providing "greater disclosure and transparency" around its financial performance.
"We expect to make good progress towards our financial commitments by 2014 and deliver them fully by 2015", Mr Jenkins said.
More top news
Despite the cold it will stay dry throughout the day with some bright or sunny spells.
Health experts warn that over-cooking starchy foods can lead to formation of acrylamide, a substance that may increase the risk of cancer.
South Korean tech giant says faulty batteries were the sole cause of the fires that caused it to pull the Galaxy Note 7 from the shelves.