Barclays has outlined a number of commitments following the outcome of its long-awaited strategic review.
- To close its controversial Structured Capital Markets tax advisory division
- Focus investment in the UK, US and Africa
- Reduce total costs significantly by operating more efficiently
- Cut at least 3,700 jobs across the business
- Publish an annual scorecard assessing its performance
Chief Executive Antony Jenkins said Barclays is also committed to providing "greater disclosure and transparency" around its financial performance.
"We expect to make good progress towards our financial commitments by 2014 and deliver them fully by 2015", Mr Jenkins said.
More top news
The self-imposed deadline has passed and it's true that there has not as yet been any breakthroughs, but there are no breakdowns either.
Police investigating the murder of a student found in a burnt out car have released CCTV in a bid to piece together what led to her death
Cynthia Lennon's family announced today that she has died of cancer at the age of 75 - she was married to John Lennon from 1962 to 1968.