Barclays has outlined a number of commitments following the outcome of its long-awaited strategic review.
- To close its controversial Structured Capital Markets tax advisory division
- Focus investment in the UK, US and Africa
- Reduce total costs significantly by operating more efficiently
- Cut at least 3,700 jobs across the business
- Publish an annual scorecard assessing its performance
Chief Executive Antony Jenkins said Barclays is also committed to providing "greater disclosure and transparency" around its financial performance.
"We expect to make good progress towards our financial commitments by 2014 and deliver them fully by 2015", Mr Jenkins said.
More top news
Mild but cloudy
On his 93rd birthday, Robert Mugabe insisted he has no plans to stand down as Zimbabwe's leader and vowed to stand again in the election.
A Muslim teacher, who was denied entry to the US, has told ITV News he was 'distraught' when he was removed from the flight.