Barclays has outlined a number of commitments following the outcome of its long-awaited strategic review.
- To close its controversial Structured Capital Markets tax advisory division
- Focus investment in the UK, US and Africa
- Reduce total costs significantly by operating more efficiently
- Cut at least 3,700 jobs across the business
- Publish an annual scorecard assessing its performance
Chief Executive Antony Jenkins said Barclays is also committed to providing "greater disclosure and transparency" around its financial performance.
"We expect to make good progress towards our financial commitments by 2014 and deliver them fully by 2015", Mr Jenkins said.
More top news
Floyd Mayweather preserved his unbeaten record with a unanimous points victory over Manny Pacquiao in their superfight
A group of nearly 300 Nigerian women and children rescued from Boko Haram extremists by the military have been brought to a refugee camp.
Unsurprisingly the birth of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's daughter has dominated Sunday's front pages and taken up many column inches.