Barclays has outlined a number of commitments following the outcome of its long-awaited strategic review.
- To close its controversial Structured Capital Markets tax advisory division
- Focus investment in the UK, US and Africa
- Reduce total costs significantly by operating more efficiently
- Cut at least 3,700 jobs across the business
- Publish an annual scorecard assessing its performance
Chief Executive Antony Jenkins said Barclays is also committed to providing "greater disclosure and transparency" around its financial performance.
"We expect to make good progress towards our financial commitments by 2014 and deliver them fully by 2015", Mr Jenkins said.
More top news
The mother of "bucket list" cancer patient Stephen Sutton has said signs of her son's illness were "ignored".
Boxing champion and occasional actor Mike Tyson has been praised for coming to the aid of a motorcyclist injured in a crash in Las Vegas.
A website is threatening the release of hacked nude pictures of Emma Watson, reportedly in response to her speech on gender equality.