Barclays has outlined a number of commitments following the outcome of its long-awaited strategic review.
- To close its controversial Structured Capital Markets tax advisory division
- Focus investment in the UK, US and Africa
- Reduce total costs significantly by operating more efficiently
- Cut at least 3,700 jobs across the business
- Publish an annual scorecard assessing its performance
Chief Executive Antony Jenkins said Barclays is also committed to providing "greater disclosure and transparency" around its financial performance.
"We expect to make good progress towards our financial commitments by 2014 and deliver them fully by 2015", Mr Jenkins said.
More top news
More than 50 dog surfers of all breeds and sizes joined an annual dog surfing competition in California
A painting by artist LS Lowry is to go on show to the public for the first time.
A third of Olympic and world championships medals have been won by athletes with allegedly suspicious doping test results, report claims