Barclays has outlined a number of commitments following the outcome of its long-awaited strategic review.
- To close its controversial Structured Capital Markets tax advisory division
- Focus investment in the UK, US and Africa
- Reduce total costs significantly by operating more efficiently
- Cut at least 3,700 jobs across the business
- Publish an annual scorecard assessing its performance
Chief Executive Antony Jenkins said Barclays is also committed to providing "greater disclosure and transparency" around its financial performance.
"We expect to make good progress towards our financial commitments by 2014 and deliver them fully by 2015", Mr Jenkins said.
More top news
Four young children have been found stabbed to death at an apartment complex in Tennessee and their mother is in custody, police have said.
Kelly Mahon, 41, was arrested on the afternoon of the "pre-planned" abduction in Telford, Shropshire on February 24.
Cloud restricting sunny skies today