Barclays has outlined a number of commitments following the outcome of its long-awaited strategic review.
- To close its controversial Structured Capital Markets tax advisory division
- Focus investment in the UK, US and Africa
- Reduce total costs significantly by operating more efficiently
- Cut at least 3,700 jobs across the business
- Publish an annual scorecard assessing its performance
Chief Executive Antony Jenkins said Barclays is also committed to providing "greater disclosure and transparency" around its financial performance.
"We expect to make good progress towards our financial commitments by 2014 and deliver them fully by 2015", Mr Jenkins said.
More top news
Here's everything you need to know about the Libyan crisis and the announcement of a new national unity government.
Russia will pay the price for launching air strikes to prop up the Assad regime, the US defence secretary has warned.
'Vote Leave' - a cross-party campaign calling for Britain to leave the European Union in the forthcoming referendum - has been launched.