Barclays has outlined a number of commitments following the outcome of its long-awaited strategic review.
- To close its controversial Structured Capital Markets tax advisory division
- Focus investment in the UK, US and Africa
- Reduce total costs significantly by operating more efficiently
- Cut at least 3,700 jobs across the business
- Publish an annual scorecard assessing its performance
Chief Executive Antony Jenkins said Barclays is also committed to providing "greater disclosure and transparency" around its financial performance.
"We expect to make good progress towards our financial commitments by 2014 and deliver them fully by 2015", Mr Jenkins said.
More top news
Rogue landlords are making life unbearable for tens of thousands of tenants in England, according to Shelter.
David Cameron has announced plans for 18 more free schools and vowed to continue to open hundreds more in the next five years.
Great British Bake Off star Sue Perkins reveals she's been living with a brain tumour for eight years.