Barclays has outlined a number of commitments following the outcome of its long-awaited strategic review.
- To close its controversial Structured Capital Markets tax advisory division
- Focus investment in the UK, US and Africa
- Reduce total costs significantly by operating more efficiently
- Cut at least 3,700 jobs across the business
- Publish an annual scorecard assessing its performance
Chief Executive Antony Jenkins said Barclays is also committed to providing "greater disclosure and transparency" around its financial performance.
"We expect to make good progress towards our financial commitments by 2014 and deliver them fully by 2015", Mr Jenkins said.
More top news
Nasa has begun its countdown for a mission to discover whether life might exist on Jupiter's moon Europa.
A mosaic of American film legend Clint Eastwood made from thousands of bullet cases has been created to mark his 85th birthday tomorrow.
Former Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg is among 89 European Union politicians and other senior figures who have been banned from entering Russia.