A poll of more than 2,000 UK adults has found that over 50 per cent of people who have yet to retire, are not paying into a pension.
- From this number, more than 40 per cent of people said they could not afford a pension
- Nearly two thirds of those still working do not feel confident they can live comfortably in retirement
- More than a third have increased their total level of debt in the past month
- Seven million households cut spending on everyday essentials
- Four million households used credit to pay for food
More top news
X-Men star Hugh Jackman has called on people to use sunscreen after having a cancerous growth removed from his face.
An Indian soldier has been found alive six days after an avalanche hit the Siachen glacier in the Himalayas.
A cruise ship had to abandon its voyage to the Bahamas after being caught up in hurricane-like conditions off the US coast at the weekend.