A poll of more than 2,000 UK adults has found that over 50 per cent of people who have yet to retire, are not paying into a pension.
- From this number, more than 40 per cent of people said they could not afford a pension
- Nearly two thirds of those still working do not feel confident they can live comfortably in retirement
- More than a third have increased their total level of debt in the past month
- Seven million households cut spending on everyday essentials
- Four million households used credit to pay for food
More top news
Freezing temperatures, a biting wind and risk of snow into next week
Austerity and Brexit are dividing Britons and causing a "schism" in society, the Archbishop of Canterbury has warned.
A taxi driver has been suspended after inspectors found he was using a Costa Coffee lid as a fuel cap.