A poll of more than 2,000 UK adults has found that over 50 per cent of people who have yet to retire, are not paying into a pension.
- From this number, more than 40 per cent of people said they could not afford a pension
- Nearly two thirds of those still working do not feel confident they can live comfortably in retirement
- More than a third have increased their total level of debt in the past month
- Seven million households cut spending on everyday essentials
- Four million households used credit to pay for food
More top news
Labour would ditch Theresa May's Brexit strategy and guarantee the rights of EU citizens ahead of negotiations, if they win the election.
Arkansas has become the first US state in 17 years to carry out back-to-back executions after putting two inmates to death.
Up to three million children risk going hungry over the school holidays, with increasing numbers of families relying on food banks, MPs say.