A poll of more than 2,000 UK adults has found that over 50 per cent of people who have yet to retire, are not paying into a pension.
- From this number, more than 40 per cent of people said they could not afford a pension
- Nearly two thirds of those still working do not feel confident they can live comfortably in retirement
- More than a third have increased their total level of debt in the past month
- Seven million households cut spending on everyday essentials
- Four million households used credit to pay for food
More top news
The threat level has been raised to critical by MI5's Counter-Terrorism Analysis Centre.
Prime Minister Theresa May announced the decision from Downing Street.
A man, apparently armed with a small axe and a large stick, was detained close to the event and police cleared the area as a precaution.