A poll of more than 2,000 UK adults has found that over 50 per cent of people who have yet to retire, are not paying into a pension.
- From this number, more than 40 per cent of people said they could not afford a pension
- Nearly two thirds of those still working do not feel confident they can live comfortably in retirement
- More than a third have increased their total level of debt in the past month
- Seven million households cut spending on everyday essentials
- Four million households used credit to pay for food
More top news
Jeremy Corbyn's economic policies would harm the poor and leave the Tories in power for a decade, Chris Leslie has warned.
Landlords have been warned they could face up to five years in prison if they fail to remove illegal immigrants from properties.
A picture of Cecil the lion - the animal killed by an American dentist in Zimbabwe - has been projected on to the Empire State Building.