- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
Nigel Farage faced a range of political views and concerns today on his walkabout in Margate.
Naming the royal baby Charlotte Elizabeth Diana will be seen as a tribute to the Duke of Cambridge's father, mother and grandfather.
Nick Clegg reads out hilarious mean tweets about himself and discovers the public think he has a 'gigantic face' and 'massive hands'.