- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
Coalition forces are making gains as they push towards to key city in a battle to drive the terror group from its last stronghold in Iraq.
The Ukip leadership candidate criticised rival Suzanne Evans over her claims that he is taking the party in a far-right direction.
Tomorrow the rain slowly clear Wales, with heavy showers developing across southwest England.