- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
The death of Boris Nemtsov hits particularly hard because he represented what post-Communist Russia might have become.
Dad Kyle Johnson claims a bus driver threatened to kick him and his two-year-old son Ethan off unless the deaf toddler quietened down.
A cheerless start to the weekend will go further downhill as cloud, wind and rain spreads in from the west.