- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
An RAC poll of 2,000 UK motorists found just 36% could correctly state that offenders now face six penalty points and a £200 fine.
The victim, who has not been named, was taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where he later died.
Mr Friedland, a former journalist who had worked at Netflix for seven years, said he felt ‘awful about the distress this lapse caused’.