- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
The prominent Brexiteer says leaving the bloc will offer a "once in a lifetime" opportunity to set reform environment policies.
The Severn Crossing tolls will be abolished next year, the government has said. Currently cars are charged £6.70 for a return journey.
An Australian bride-to-be shot dead by a US officer after calling 911 "should not" have been killed, say police.