- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
South Korean tech giant says faulty batteries were the sole cause of the fires that caused it to pull the Galaxy Note 7 from the shelves.
Theresa May will is set to launch her new industrial strategy as she chairs her first regional cabinet meeting in the northwest.
Regional troops have secured the presidential palace in the Gambia's capital but there are fears the former leader has raided state coffers.