- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
The Bond star paid tribute to Christina Knudsen after her death from cancer aged 47.
Thirteen years later, it's time to reunite with Adam, Pete, Jenny, Karen and David. Here is the first glimpse of the stars back in action.
Former leading amateur jockey JT McNamara has died aged 41