- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
A towing vehicle has hit a passenger plane at Glasgow Airport after sliding on ice. The British Airways plane was preparing for take-off.
Vaginal mesh implants are designed to help deal with incontinence and other problems following childbirth.
Ice warning in force across northern and western areas.