- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
A suspected drunk driver ploughed into a crowd during Mardi Gras celebrations in the southern US city.
The singer had been tweeting in support of migrants when she was bombarded with abusive messages.
Ministers are reportedly considering plans in a bid to lower inward migration.