- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
The judge said the 14-year-old had been subject to a great injustice. He was executed for the murder of two little girls in 1944.
It will be a dull and damp day today, with heavier and more persistent rain to the northwest and across Wales.
Royal Mail privatisation report reaches a surprising conclusion - and it's good for the Government