- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
Actor Bill Murray has offered to pay for the mobile phones of two fans he allegedly threw from bar after they tried to take photos of him.
Inadequate pain medication means cancer patients who want to die at home have no choice but to go to hospital, charity says.
Nearly three quarters do not get paid for the extra work they do, including teaching lessons, according to survey.