- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
The large piece of debris washed ashore on Reunion Island could be be from the missing Malaysian airliner MH370, according to a US official.
The squalid conditions in Calais shanty towns, nicknamed 'The Jungle', where migrants stay who are desperate to get to the UK.
An emergency call handler who hung up on a frantic caller as she tried to save her dying friend's life has resigned.