- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
Junk food advertising is to be banned across all children's media - including online and social - in a bid to tackle childhood obesity.
The pilot of the private jet that crash landed killing three members of Osama bin Laden's family had a "very high workload".
A damning report has accused police officers of abusing their power to sexually exploit people, including vulnerable victims of crime.