- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
It has been confirmed that the 2015 world tour of top Gear Live will go ahead, renamed Clarkson, Hammond and May Live.
A new ITV news/ComRes poll in Scotland suggests there is serious trouble ahead for Labour.
Two gangs of warring criminals are behind a string of violent gun, knife and grenade attacks in Greater Manchester, police have revealed.