- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
Rap mogul Marion 'Suge' Knight has been arrested on murder charges after a fatal hit-and-run incident in Los Angeles.
The Canadian used only ice hooks to scale the frozen cliffs, and says the walls were "unstable" and "unpredictable".
Thousands of Virgin Media customers will lose their email address and emails after part of the broadband company was sold to TalkTalk.