- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
Rain expected in the next 24 hours - no surprise there with it being a Bank Holiday - but there'll also be some brighter skies in places.
The presenter's former bandmate failed to impress the judges with his rendition of OneRepublic's Counting Stars.
Girl group 4th Power, a twerking grandmother and a skiving dental receptionist were among the contestants hoping to be the next big thing.