- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
Breezy and wet tonight as rain sweeps in from the west meaning a miserable start to Sunday morning.
BBC Political Editor Nick Robinson has revealed Labour tried to recruit him to be Ed Miliband's spin doctor in the run-up to the election.
Nasa has begun its countdown for a mission to discover whether life might exist on Jupiter's moon Europa.