- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
Watchdog says officers must work harder to avoid the use of force on mentally unwell people in a report into the death of detained man.
Morning wind and rain in Scotland and western England will move eastwards, leaving brighter weather behind it by late afternoon.
Theresa May will brief her Cabinet on her plans for Brexit before a major speech aimed at helping to break the deadlock in the negotiations