- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
Hollywood film director and actor Steven Seagal has been asked to train Serbian special forces in martial arts.
Barack Obama's greatest struggle on climate change could be convincing the conspiracy theorists at home that it's not a hoax.
Rare footprints of dinosaurs from 170 million years ago have been discovered on the Isle of Skye.