- The asteroid 2012 DA14 is approximately 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter
- There is no chance the asteroid will collide with the Earth, yet it will be passing closer than ever before
- It will be 7.30pm (GMT) tonight at the time of its closest approach
- At this time, it will be over the eastern Indian Ocean, off Sumatra
- It will be 17,200 miles from Earth at the time of passing, the close approach distance is one tenth the distance between the Earth and moon
More top news
The BBC has agreed to pay for TV licences for viewers over the age of 75, the Culture Secretary John Whittingdale has confirmed.
The British Army's first ever female major general said she is "very honoured" by her new role.
Nick Kyrgios risks a heavy fine after going into a sulk and appearing to stop trying during his Wimbledon fourth-round match